Jump to content

Anybody here good with credit issues?


Recommended Posts

Posted

My buddy was joking with me about having shitty credit and I decided to look up my score for shits and giggles. I knew it wasn't going to be that good but it turned out to be a lot more atrocious than I thought it would be. I don't really want to get into details here but if somebody is willing to help point me in the right direction on what I should do about it feel free to PM me. I am pretty sure I know what the issues are but I don't know what to do about them or what my best option would be.

Thank you in advance

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

Posted

before you attempt to do anything about your credit, get all of your creditors to amend their reports for any errors. once that happens you can than start to reach out to the creditors to get them squared away. about 12 years ago I have a sub 400 credit score, I now have a score over 700. it takes a lot of patience and time to get credit fixed.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Posted

before you attempt to do anything about your credit, get all of your creditors to amend their reports for any errors. once that happens you can than start to reach out to the creditors to get them squared away. about 12 years ago I have a sub 400 credit score, I now have a score over 700. it takes a lot of patience and time to get credit fixed.

Would it be worth using a credit repair service? There is a local business that specializes in credit repair with outstanding reviews that charges $80 to find and fix errors

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

Posted

first they don't fix errors or repair anything. they do the amending for you which is free for you to do. this "repair" just gets your creditors to report current data only, removing any data that is out of date or unverifiable b/c the creditor either doesn't have your file or b/c they went out of business. depending on how many creditors you have to amend, the money may make it worth it. I started the process myself and got myself up to a 500. I than got a "credit repair" company to do it for me and they got me from 500 to just shy of 600. they did do somethings that I didn't know about when amending my creditors. for me I had quite a bit of bad reports and should have just went with the company from the go but I understand it more since I did start it myself.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Posted

Anything over 5 years old won't do anymore damage to you, so your best bet is to let them be and expire on their own.

Get a secured CC and use it for small charges not going over $50 to maintain good credit usage, and get a small loan for something to help build your credit with on time payments, sadly though it is a pay to play system and when you have to start new or start over you pay a higher premium in interest until you can get above 700 for much better rates.

Take your time and be patient.

EDIT: DO NOT take on a car loan with bad credit as you'll get raped hardcore, the metrics are so terrible your payments will be in the $400+ range for years.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 523 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...