Sundown Audio

What amp to buy

ben1994

Hey guys. Been running my dc level 3 15 off of my hifonics brx5000.5. It seems to be about time to upgrade to a real amp. Any suggestions for 1000-1500 watts rms (At either 1 or 4 ohm). I was considering the t1500 but I hate to dismiss all the other brands (DC, SA, SKAR, etc) and just buy the fosgate. Would a dc amp compare to a power series rockford? Funds go up to 600-700 although I'd like to spend a little under so i have a little extra money to throw at a 4 channel.

yea. I should of been a little more specific. Its not so much the wattage im attempting to compare, its the overall quality. A DC 2k is about 600, whereas a fosgate 1500 bdcp is 800. Is there a definitive reason why its another 200 dollars? Having RF on the label? I just dont wan't to cheap out on a 600 dollar amp if there is a true benefit to the 800 dollar one. And on the other spectrum I don't want to pay an extra 200 because it says RF on it

its the name youre paying for. its also the tech it has on it like the constant power

i still go for the fosgate. with impedance rise you will get more out of it.. a 2.5k would be on par after rise

I have no experience with the DC amps but the Rockford is definitely an awesome amp $800 however is to high I paid around $600 for mine new and you can find them used for about $250- $300.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Where would you recommend someone buy one? Anywhere online is around 800 for the amp. I don't buy used. I don't care to save the money when there is that much risk involved. There are some local shops but everyone seems to be stiff around 800 for it.

I buy through my local Rockford dealer always get good deals.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived