Sonic Electronix

Greetings! Newbie here... Thoughts on a Starter "system" ???

Depending on where you're located, maybe someone on here that's close to you will help you out... You buy everything for the price you want, find someone local who has the right tools and skills, and im sure they'll help out for a hell of a lot less.

And not warrenty you at all.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

If it's someone with the proper tools and skills as I stated, there shouldn't be any need for a warranty unless it's defective equipment, in which case, almost ever single brand/company offers a warranty with their gear. And sometimes they'll even fix things that are completely operator error if you're not acting like a twat about it. Either pay out the ass for a warrantied install, or save some money and have someone actually show you how to do things yourself and the proper way.

If it's someone with the proper tools and skills as I stated, there shouldn't be any need for a warranty unless it's defective equipment, in which case, almost ever single brand/company offers a warranty with their gear. And sometimes they'll even fix things that are completely operator error if you're not acting like a twat about it. Either pay out the ass for a warrantied install, or save some money and have someone actually show you how to do things yourself and the proper way.

Yea I'll probably do that when I transfer all the equipment to my next vehicle....

I just recently heard about this Board...

my installer is supposed to be "top notch" and does allot of six-figure high dollar cars and installs.. at prices like mine for a simple accord I can only imagine a "high end" premium car.. daaaam!!

I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I pick up my car... 2 days if install time.

next time arround Ill know better and have more time to get edumacated from here and other places ..

2015 Honda Accord Coupe.

• 2 weeks later...
I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I pick up my car... 2 days if install time.

So?

Just an update for anyone intrested who took the time to comment/ assist.....

I got my car back about 2 weeks ago... sounds pretty good!! (a bit too much treble though, almost all of the sound seems to come from the pillar mounded tweets)

The front right woofer developed a constant low volume high pitched "wooshing noise" similar to liquid beiing pressurized with air!!) from the right lower door speaker. NOT HAPPY.

Took car back to installer who tested it out to be the amp itself, so getting a replacement, and since its going to be all re-tuned with the Bit 10 D, I'm going to go ahead and add the Audison AV BIT IN full digital interface. (I eventually want to play bit perfect flac.)

Sooooo now is I am open to suggestions on a matching sub, thinking ported box w/ single 8 or 10in driver. I prefer SQ over SPL.

I am now using a JL 10w6v2-D4 in 4 ohm. undersized sealed box to get me by.

2015 Honda Accord Coupe.

If you want sq look into jl "w" series, I would personally look into other brand tho, such as the fi q series. In my opinion better bang for the buck and a more off brand name ( just my personal taste).

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

If you want sq look into jl "w" series, I would personally look into other brand tho, such as the fi q series. In my opinion better bang for the buck and a more off brand name ( just my personal taste).

Afrakes,

thanks for that!

So maybe I should keep the 10 W 6??

I just ordered the CORRECT box built to spec. tuned to 34Hz. by a company called LAB ( life after bass) for $110

it will like sound as it is supposed too, rather than stuffed in a sealed slightly too small enclosure. hehe

2015 Honda Accord Coupe.

Build your own box. I never trust a prefab box you can buy off the internet, it's not that difficult and can be done well with less tools than most people think. Prefab boxes have an awful reputation of being weak, leaking air, and not being the correct size for the intended driver being used. And like I said before, although the "w" series are definitely sq based woofers, I personally dislike them. At least do some research looking into the fi q, ascendant audio havoc, etc.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Build your own box. I never trust a prefab box you can buy off the internet, it's not that difficult and can be done well with less tools than most people think. Prefab boxes have an awful reputation of being weak, leaking air, and not being the correct size for the intended driver being used. And like I said before, although the "w" series are definitely sq based woofers, I personally dislike them. At least do some research looking into the fi q, ascendant audio havoc, etc.

yea ill do that anyway, i havent head of most of the brands mentioned in the forums.. guess thats a "good thing".. not sold in local stores heh

2015 Honda Accord Coupe.

I had a friend order a box from LAB and it was pretty stout, but I'd listen to afrakes. You'd be surprised how a 10" Fi Q or AA Havoc would sound, as compared to the 10w6.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter