Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

2 HDC3 15s Ideas?


KO4Life

Recommended Posts

Posted

Damn man did you build them boxes in your sig? Those are bad ass, here's one of what i cam up with but I would like to try 36hz. Question I have alot of problems with is the port area I am seeing I need 144sqin of port wtf?

Yup, I've built all those, thanks for the compliment.

For port area, you are going to need a lot. 144 sq in would probably be a good number. You might be able to get away with a little less, but I wouldn't go below 130 sq in. If you are tight on space I'd give of some of your internal volume for a little more port area. At 8.6 cubes you are a bit on the high side anyway.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

The hard part of your project is the baffle dimensions, net airspace you seem to have enough although you will surely need to build inside, I was able to get around 130 square inches of port area on your baffle dimensions and still be able to fit the subs.. like this:

sandtimer.jpg

If you think you can build something like the above correctly then you can make subs/port forward work on your dimensions.

Posted

Welcome good work always deserves a compliment, yeah I was wondering how much port area I could sacrifice but I might be able to squeeze a Lil more in the front of box, that's a crazy looking box there. But if I can get a nice speced box with some good port area for around 4k watts or so I'll be very happy and that box looks complicated too build lol

Budget Banging On A Budget.....

99 Civic EX Coupe

XS Power/SkyHigh Powered

Build In The Making...

Posted

This is another alternative easier to build but this one looses you some net airspace:

2sp4_zpsa12b1efc.jpg

Which to build depends on how much space you can get and from where, pretty much no one wants to do one of these things but sometimes it's necessary.

Posted

Question I always wonders was why are some ports just straight in and why is the reason for L ports? Another thing is the box is going in and more than likely not going to be back out, how much do you charge to design me a box?

Budget Banging On A Budget.....

99 Civic EX Coupe

XS Power/SkyHigh Powered

Build In The Making...

Posted

You turn the port when it needs to be longer than the depth of the box (for example), when it turns it gets that L or T shape, you may want to remeasure your space to avoid building something more difficult than it needs to be, if I can do something for you it will be at no cost.

Posted

Thanks , but I would not let you do it for free.

Budget Banging On A Budget.....

99 Civic EX Coupe

XS Power/SkyHigh Powered

Build In The Making...

Posted

I did however squeeze a few more dims, I now have 36.5wx18.5hx37

Budget Banging On A Budget.....

99 Civic EX Coupe

XS Power/SkyHigh Powered

Build In The Making...

Posted

Bump................

Budget Banging On A Budget.....

99 Civic EX Coupe

XS Power/SkyHigh Powered

Build In The Making...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 518 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...