Second Skin Audio

precision power any good?

djcue12369

Really decent multi channel amps. I'd look elsewhere for monos though.

I tested the Phantom 900.4 and iON 520.4 and they both did rated clean. I actually run the 900.4 in the CRX.

Good bang for the buck stuff.

But like everyone said... the old school stuff was some of the best shit money could buy.

• 4 years later...
On 2/18/2015 at 3:55 PM, Kyblack76 said:

As, most others are telling you, and as with many small companies bought out by larger ones or now defunct, PPI made some high quality amps back in the day. They were capable of delivering a constant steady power source with higher efficiency than most so less battery drain. I still have a dcx 800.5 that works great. Not very practical for most though, as it's about 3 feet long by about foot and a half and probably weighs 30 pounds, which seems the antithesis of efficiency.

However, if you can get em cheap and works for your situ, I'd do it

some of the older gear,.. is STILL highly desirable .. (for those that know)

KPA ... meh.....

I have had very good luck with the ion series amps.  Probably used about a dozen of the 4 ch's and about another dozen of the 5 ch's.  The ones I have seen tested did rated power.  Crazy small footprint, very efficient.  I haven't gone out of my way to abuse them (run lower than rated impedance, over driving them, etc), but have had no issues at all.  Except for the stupid copper sticker badges falling off of them, they have been solid. 

I've also had very good luck with the phantom series subs. 

Archived