Second Skin Audio

Need box help for (2) Sundown SA8 V2 using 5/8" MDF

sundownaudio

So here is a suggestion, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide bracing is a 1 1/4" wooden dowel rod:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

sa8x2_lst.jpg

sa8x2.jpg

So here is a suggestion, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide bracing is a 1 1/4" wooden dowel rod:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

sa8x2_lst.jpg

sa8x2.jpg

By this "NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside" you mean to see if it will fit in my car ? and also those edges do they have to be 45's or can i leave them straight ?

sa8x2_lst.jpg

sa8x2.jpg'

Not to thread jack,but where do you get your sub sonic filter numbers from? I've noticed that a lot of the times you say 28hz. I'm just curious.

2014 JKU

Sound:

pioneer xav-65

4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4

2 pioneer gm-d9601

(much more in route)

General:

18in worx rims

33in tire

stinger src bumpers

light bars

6k hids

2in leveling kit

3.25in lift

The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/

By this "NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside" you mean to see if it will fit in my car ? and also those edges do they have to be 45's or can i leave them straight ?

Yes the note is there to remind you that you should make sure a box will fit into the trunk before building, you should not have any problems but I want to make sure, you don't have to do the slanted cuts but round the sharp edges at the ends and at the turn, if nothing better you can just sand a little,

Archived