Anyone Have a Good Quality 20 - 20 Sweep?????

Also kinda cool freq. response of the IMAX intros.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/1091711-thx-trailer-frequency-responses-beyond.html

Also heres how to do it in Audacity.

https://www.stormconsultancy.co.uk/blog/development/dev-tutorials/sine-wave-frequency-sweep-with-audacity/

STOP USING US AS GOOGLE! :)

Guessing the quality may be lacking since its youtube but its a start.

First, I appreciate your attempt to help. Second, my google isn't broken and I am not using you or anyone else as a search engine. I found plenty of youtube crap, how many of those links you posted do you think are clean? Would you trust em? I wouldn't. As someone who has been pasting "SQ" all over this forum I am really surprised you would even link to a youtube video.

I did google how to make a sweep in audacity, and I have no idea where to create a frequencysweep.ny file, and yes I googled that too.

I'm not a forum noob, but thanks for your .02

Wasn't saying you were. Not everything on youtube is horrible either, people automatically think that if its on youtube its going to clipped and horrible. Granted I wouldn't trust most of it for precise measurements. I guess it depends on what you are trying to do. I just see a lot of stuff you post that you CAN search for pretty easily thats why I said that, and that is not a dig on you either and because I think I am not being constructive I'll stop my bad.

First, I appreciate your attempt to help. Second, my google isn't broken and I am not using you or anyone else as a search engine. I found plenty of youtube crap, how many of those links you posted do you think are clean? Would you trust em? I wouldn't. As someone who has been pasting "SQ" all over this forum I am really surprised you would even link to a youtube video.

I did google how to make a sweep in audacity, and I have no idea where to create a frequencysweep.ny file, and yes I googled that too.

Also I think there is a resource of ISACA cds too that I found forever ago if I find it I will let you know as I know it has sweeps on it with test tones. (not the one linked)

Hmm

No idea why you need .ny files? Those look to be Audacity plugins.

FWIW, here's what I do:

Open Audacity (mine is 2.0.3)

Press the "Generate" tab at the top and pick "Chirp"

Enter your starting and ending frequency along with your desired level

You can also enter the sweep duration

Press OK, the sweep generates

Press the "File" tab, press "Export"

Select where you want the file exported (HDD, flash drive, etc)

Enter a file name and select the type of file format you want (WAV, MP3, FLAC, M4A....)

Press Save

Done

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Wasn't saying you were. Not everything on youtube is horrible either, people automatically think that if its on youtube its going to clipped and horrible. Granted I wouldn't trust most of it for precise measurements. I guess it depends on what you are trying to do. I just see a lot of stuff you post that you CAN search for pretty easily thats why I said that, and that is not a dig on you either and because I think I am not being constructive I'll stop my bad.

Also I think there is a resource of ISACA cds too that I found forever ago if I find it I will let you know as I know it has sweeps on it with test tones. (not the one linked)

Yes I can google some of the stuff I ask, but I ask on here because there is knowledge on here that isn't readily available on google and theres a good saturation of very knowledgeable people here. Sometimes I teach, sometimes I learn.

Hmm

FWIW, here's what I do:

Enter a file name and select the type of file format you want (WAV, MP3, FLAC, M4A....)

Press Save

Done

Thanks Wicks.

I have 2.0.6 and I do exactly what you said, i enter a start frequency of 20hz and an end frequency of 20000hz, linear, sine, and I end up with a flat line. I save it just for shits and gigs and theres no audio present.

Hmm

FWIW, here's what I do:

Press Save

Done

Thanks Wicks.

I have 2.0.6 and I do exactly what you said, i enter a start frequency of 20hz and an end frequency of 20000hz, linear, sine, and I end up with a flat line. I save it just for shits and gigs and theres no audio present.

Hmm

Is your amplitude at 0 instead of 1 (full output)?

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Hmm

FWIW, here's what I do:

Press Save

Done

Thanks Wicks.

Hmm

Is your amplitude at 0 instead of 1 (full output)?

I tried all sorts of settings 0,1 and stuff in between

• 2 weeks later...

I have full roll in, up and down, down and up, full sweeps, selectable tones,.... coming from Coffee. Just hold tight.....

edit- also, .. (which may be not what you need) when i do any tones, for testing or burping, i do tones at 0db....

So,.. at different levels, as you want, .. i may not have what you want, or are looking for..

Archived