coh33dkill3r Posted February 24, 2015 Report Posted February 24, 2015 I work in the hvac biz and I have those flared rings at my job that's what I use for my aero ports. We call them bell mouths... Although mine are metal not pvc... I Have sizes 4,5,6,7,8,10,12,14,16,18,20.
Mustang2dakota Posted February 24, 2015 Author Report Posted February 24, 2015 I work in the hvac biz and I have those flared rings at my job that's what I use for my aero ports. We call them bell mouths... Although mine are metal not pvc... I Have sizes 4,5,6,7,8,10,12,14,16,18,20. Well now I know what to tell him lol, thanks for the input. 2014 JKU Sound: pioneer xav-65 4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4 2 pioneer gm-d9601 (much more in route) General: 18in worx rims 33in tire stinger src bumpers light bars 6k hids 2in leveling kit 3.25in lift The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/
Knocker Posted February 25, 2015 Report Posted February 25, 2015 Just googled 9 inch bell mouth. Result came up... looked badass. $117. All of a sudden buying a heat gun and making my own is starting to look like a good idea.
Ahmed Johnson Posted February 25, 2015 Report Posted February 25, 2015 mine is 8, but i do have a chimney pipe in there too.
tboorn Posted February 25, 2015 Report Posted February 25, 2015 man just knowing that name helps so much. Im sure theres a few others that could help my searches when looking for large round and flared objects haha. Fidelity Built to Last Team Sound Asleep 24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/ 2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3 2 DD M3b Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors Pioneer DEH-80prs Focal P165 V30 components Rockford Fosgate T-400.4
Mustang2dakota Posted February 25, 2015 Author Report Posted February 25, 2015 man just knowing that name helps so much. Im sure theres a few others that could help my searches when looking for large round and flared objects haha. Try doing any job in the world without knowing the correct names of the components and let me know how that goes. 2014 JKU Sound: pioneer xav-65 4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4 2 pioneer gm-d9601 (much more in route) General: 18in worx rims 33in tire stinger src bumpers light bars 6k hids 2in leveling kit 3.25in lift The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/
tboorn Posted February 25, 2015 Report Posted February 25, 2015 or even worse in the audio world trying to do a job and not knowing the components of other types of fabrication work that could be re-used for our application haha. Bell Mouth... i see where the name originates but damn i never would have figured that out. Searching for "flare" or something just doesn't get the same quality results. Fidelity Built to Last Team Sound Asleep 24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/ 2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3 2 DD M3b Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors Pioneer DEH-80prs Focal P165 V30 components Rockford Fosgate T-400.4
coh33dkill3r Posted February 26, 2015 Report Posted February 26, 2015 Just googled 9 inch bell mouth. Result came up... looked badass. $117. All of a sudden buying a heat gun and making my own is starting to look like a good idea. That can't be right. I bought 4 7" from my job $5 ea.
coh33dkill3r Posted February 26, 2015 Report Posted February 26, 2015 If anyone has any pricing questions I'm sure my boss would give me quotes to what our cost would be. If anyone wants I can take a pic of one that we stock. I believe there only about 3 inch tall... I use one on each end of my port ... For those that would wanna flush mount these the "flare" is roughly 3 inches bigger. So say you want a 6" bell mouth, the overall is 9"
fecupe2001 Posted February 26, 2015 Report Posted February 26, 2015 guys, you are getting too complicated about this, you can do some nasty flares CHEAP and easily by just using some mdf rings, and some fiberglass and bondo, if you do not how to work with those things, you can just add a nice huge mdf ring flush mounted to the "mouth" of the pvc, yes, just as easy as that, and it works almost as great as the other flares properly built I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.