Sonic Electronix

i have some noob questions that i would like to know....mayb someone can help me a little.

on a sub what is better 4ohm or 2ohm?

what is better 4ohm or dual 4ohm?

how do you measure the size box you need??

how do you know how big to make a port on your box?

sorry for the noob questions or if i used the wrong terms..

thanks

Garrett

there is no answer to the coil qusestion...cause they are all the same practically.....they are just the ohm loads those coils take....there are so many differences because they can all be wired differently

you can take a dual 4 and make it 2 or 8 final load....most people look at the subs coil configuration from a , will that work with this amp standpoint

and im not good on boxes at all, but you can try rockfordfosgate.com reaudio.com

they both have box building wizards

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Dual Voice Coils will be better cause its like having 2 single voice coil subs in one. Dual Voice Coils (DVC) will usually take more rms power and also have greater ohm configurations

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

Guest Powered By Hate
Dual Voice Coils will be better cause its like having 2 single voice coil subs in one. Dual Voice Coils (DVC) will usually take more rms power and also have greater ohm configurations

You gotta find out what frequency your car resonates at and divide it by the speed of sound and pi or something.. thats how you get a box. Lol. Couple nails later you're beatin. Whatever you do, dont listen to this advice.

You don't want to tune your box to the cars resonate freq. Tune the box lower cause it normally will peak higher then the orginal tuning.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

Buy the coil configuration that will best match the amp you have/will have.

The size, port area, and tuning of the box will depend on many things from the speaker itself to the vehicle, how much power you're running, listening preference, and several other things. If you want an SPL enclosure normally it will be tuned much higher than one intended for normal music.

I would decide how much you want to spend, and what you're expectations are from the setup so people can suggest possible subs/amp combos, and possible enclosure ideas.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Archived