Karkov Posted March 1, 2015 Report Posted March 1, 2015 I resin my boxes either way, and usually end up painting them. Once I am done with them I toss them outside till I can break them down with a sledgehammer and throw them away. Here in MN I have done this to 3 of them in the past 2 years and I must say, each one has sat untouched for a year+ COMPLETELY exposed to all elements and the next year it seemed good enough to use again. FYI In snowbanks, rained on, in the sun etc.etc.etc. Keep in mine I resin them, then use rustoleum paint inside and out. Not sure why you need it water proofed but I doubt it's to have it sit completely outside like mine so if you do what they say I believe it will honestly work, like a blow through not completely sealed it would prolly last a few years or something ya know. Usually use Steve Meade's Sunflash and then 3 coats of this... (or until the ends of the MDF stop soaking it in) 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Gmansontos Posted March 2, 2015 Author Report Posted March 2, 2015 Thx everyone I'm trying to accomplish waterproofing my sub woofer enclosure lol. I just plan to carpet. I need exterior of the box waterproofed plus some of the interior of the port
Gmansontos Posted March 2, 2015 Author Report Posted March 2, 2015 Box is really close to rear hatch of SUV I think there may be a leak somewhere a small one just trying to cover my bases
Karkov Posted March 2, 2015 Report Posted March 2, 2015 check out this thread http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/189717-olympic-rescue-it-lowes/ 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Gmansontos Posted March 2, 2015 Author Report Posted March 2, 2015 So would brush on resin be the best way
Gmansontos Posted March 3, 2015 Author Report Posted March 3, 2015 I found this stuff called T67 F6 from Sherwin-Williams paints its a vinyl sealer. I saw a YouTube video of a guy using this stuff and he swore by it only catch is has to be sprayed on drys in 5 mins it comes in a gallon
never knows best Posted March 3, 2015 Report Posted March 3, 2015 if you chose resin your best bet is epoxy. polyester resin is not waterproof and does not adhere well to wood... that being said, epoxy breaks down over time from UV exposure. in which case it would be a good idea to prime/paint or use a gel coat- but to be technical no resin is 100% waterproof... just varying grades of water resistance....
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.