Sundown Audio

Power Acoustik

i was wondering the quality of power acoustik and was wondering if they were overrated because i was going to get either the PS1 3000D or the PS1 4000D for my next set up and also i can control that amount of watts im getting but setting my gain with a DMM because i get keep getting mixed answers and either one of these amps will be a little bit stronger than i need if they put out true power?

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_9281_Power...+PS1-3000D.html

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_9713_Power...+PS1-4000D.html

Edited by jayjay6888

1 Fi Sp4 18

Crescendo 2k

selenium mids

audioque supertweets

Hifonics for mids and and highs

1/0 power and grounds

---> on the way singer alt and possibly another

2k depending how sub likes 1 2k

they are pretty much all overrated to some extent or another. Quality....they are pretty low on the quality chain but you cant expect alot outt of the prices they go for. Also for thier price its real hard to get anything else comparable so its basically pick your poison.

i have a a2400db on my btl right now till i decide to get off my ass and redo the wiring to put my new amp in but its pushing it really well for the time being. id say theyre pretty close to what they put out, not sure about the one you posted up but the a2400 and a3000 are fairly close to rated power if not the rated power.

I used to have a PA PS2-2600 on two Soundstream T5-15s and I can't complain at all the amp was $150 shipped brand new and I was in the low 140's with that amp and it is only rated at 1080 RMS and my Soundstreams were rated at 1000 rms each, can't beat it for the price In my opinion.

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

figured they were overrated a little that why i was looking at the 3000d because it says 1700 at 1ohm and im not expecting to get a birthsheet reading like a rockford or a MTX but i didnt want to put 1700 to it anyway i want this system to last for a while and i dont want to be overpowering it and having to do recones all the time... just something to wang on hard all the time so that 1700 at 1 ohm has got to be somewhere in the area of 1500 and thats good enough

1 Fi Sp4 18

Crescendo 2k

selenium mids

audioque supertweets

Hifonics for mids and and highs

1/0 power and grounds

---> on the way singer alt and possibly another

2k depending how sub likes 1 2k

figured they were overrated a little that why i was looking at the 3000d because it says 1700 at 1ohm and im not expecting to get a birthsheet reading like a rockford or a MTX but i didnt want to put 1700 to it anyway i want this system to last for a while and i dont want to be overpowering it and having to do recones all the time... just something to wang on hard all the time so that 1700 at 1 ohm has got to be somewhere in the area of 1500 and thats good enough

http://cgi.ebay.com/POWER-ACOUSTIK-2400-WA...1QQcmdZViewItem

take a look at that amp

there isn't much amps that have that true power and use 4GA

what? so basically if it doesnt have 0 gauge inputs it doesnt put out the rated power? good logic there :rolleyes: