Sundown Audio

Recommended Mids/Highs Amplifier

jazzie366

well we are all sure you're quite wrong. and just another .02 cents.... the gain IS NOT A VOLUME NOB, it has one correct setting and needs to stay there. you saying you can't crank up the gain nob shows a whole lot about the knowledge coming to the table. but get that hifonics amp and crank that knob on up, we'll still be here with the real knowledge for the people who want to learn

I know damn well the gain is not a volume knob.

But when my headunit is running around 4.7 volts and I can't turn the amp past around 3.2-4 without distortion, I think something's wrong there.

Hello!

I have a 2001 Nissan Sentra, it's my first car and I love car audio so I put a massive amp and subwoofers in, with a mids and highs amp. There is a problem though, the mids and highs amp isn't powerfull enough/distorts at too low of a volume to overcome the bass.

I'm running two Pyle Blue Wave 1200 watt subwoofers on a Powerbass 1200.2X, in a box that matches their needs damn near perfectly.

Anyways, I have a shitty walmart Pioneer amplifier for the mids and highs and it likes to distort, a lot. I have some FMod passive crossovers inline for 200hz right now--yes, I know the frequency is high, but the crossovers let block all subsonic frequencies, and damnpen the higher ones up to 200hz, so the mids stay warm-- but that doesn't help because the amp is shit.

I opened the amp and checked the output transistors, not only where there a lack of output transistors, they were not large enough for the power either. I'm not bashing on Pioneer, they make amazing head units, but their amps need some work.

So, what do you guys recommend I do? I got my eyes on a Hifonics Brutus BRX160.2 (CEA-2006 certified) amp. Thanks for the help!

Also, I do know it's the amp's fault. It's not CEA-2006 certified, and as I said before, it does NOT have output transistors that are capable of putting the power out, it has 4 main output transistors of very small size. It also lacks in capacitors as well, it has one capacitor that looks to be for the soft turn on feature, and then another for the amplifier itself.

The speakers I am running are Pyle Drive PLG6C component speakers.

I have my gains set to where the amplifier does NOT get hot at all, I am sure of this. Also sure of no distortion until I set gains higher, in which amplifier will heat up.

P.S. - I need a new battery, the 7 year old battery dies in 30 seconds of 70% volume, I have 0 gauge running it all. Thanks!

The name, the avatar, the interests,,,,,,,

Fag.

I get that a lot, and I say the same to all.

Your hate feeds me like I feed my dick to your mother to birth fuckers like you into the world so I can abandon them in the street.

So, since I am willing to bet $ that you never fed your dick to his mother, does that make your entire statement invalid since the foundation of it is untrue?

It just a witty reply to someone being a casual hater.

well we are all sure you're quite wrong. and just another .02 cents.... the gain IS NOT A VOLUME NOB, it has one correct setting and needs to stay there. you saying you can't crank up the gain nob shows a whole lot about the knowledge coming to the table. but get that hifonics amp and crank that knob on up, we'll still be here with the real knowledge for the people who want to learn

But when my headunit is running around 4.7 volts and I can't turn the amp past around 3.2-4 without distortion, I think something's wrong there.

The problem is you're an idiot nick.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

The problem is you're an idiot nick.

Please explain.

I'd rather not waste my time explaining anything to you.

You already know it all anyways right?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I'd rather not waste my time explaining anything to you.

You already know it all anyways right?

Don't know why you're saying that.

Maybe you should explain instead of being an ignorant little hater.

Being a hater would imply that someone is jealous of you and believe me little boy no one here is jealous of you.

People have already told you it's not the amp it's your lack of knowledge

Then you return with some bs about output transistor and caps oh and its not cea certified trying to sound like you know something

If you can tell so much about an amp by its insides I suggest you go here

http://ampguts.com/forum/mobileselect.php

And base your decision off the amps internals

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Being a hater would imply that someone is jealous of you and believe me little boy no one here is jealous of you.

People have already told you it's not the amp it's your lack of knowledge

Then you return with some bs about output transistor and caps oh and its not cea certified trying to sound like you know something

If you can tell so much about an amp by its insides I suggest you go here

http://ampguts.com/forum/mobileselect.php

And base your decision off the amps internals

All of you, feel free to call me an idiot.

Wow I am a fucktard. I failed to realize for 2 years that setting the gains on an amplifier upsidedown is not the same as straight up.

Call me an idiot and post all the hate, I deserve it :fool: .

So now that I resolved that, know a two channel amplifier that can put out 500W RMS per channel @ 4 ohms?

Archived