Sundown Audio

Recommended Mids/Highs Amplifier

jazzie366

Hello!

I have a 2001 Nissan Sentra, it's my first car and I love car audio so I put a massive amp and subwoofers in, with a mids and highs amp. There is a problem though, the mids and highs amp isn't powerfull enough/distorts at too low of a volume to overcome the bass.

I'm running two Pyle Blue Wave 1200 watt subwoofers on a Powerbass 1200.2X, in a box that matches their needs damn near perfectly.

Anyways, I have a shitty walmart Pioneer amplifier for the mids and highs and it likes to distort, a lot. I have some FMod passive crossovers inline for 200hz right now--yes, I know the frequency is high, but the crossovers let block all subsonic frequencies, and damnpen the higher ones up to 200hz, so the mids stay warm-- but that doesn't help because the amp is shit.

I opened the amp and checked the output transistors, not only where there a lack of output transistors, they were not large enough for the power either. I'm not bashing on Pioneer, they make amazing head units, but their amps need some work.

So, what do you guys recommend I do? I got my eyes on a Hifonics Brutus BRX160.2 (CEA-2006 certified) amp. Thanks for the help!

Also, I do know it's the amp's fault. It's not CEA-2006 certified, and as I said before, it does NOT have output transistors that are capable of putting the power out, it has 4 main output transistors of very small size. It also lacks in capacitors as well, it has one capacitor that looks to be for the soft turn on feature, and then another for the amplifier itself.

The speakers I am running are Pyle Drive PLG6C component speakers.

I have my gains set to where the amplifier does NOT get hot at all, I am sure of this. Also sure of no distortion until I set gains higher, in which amplifier will heat up.

P.S. - I need a new battery, the 7 year old battery dies in 30 seconds of 70% volume, I have 0 gauge running it all. Thanks!

Troll or no.......

images_zps0l88fp6i.jpg

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

You need to turn the first capacitor to the left the second to the right and the third to the up.

Then move the eighth resistor 3 barley corns to the left.

This will help with all those pesky supersonic frequencies that you get from a crossover that doesn't block those as well.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Troll or no.......

images_zps0l88fp6i.jpg

Not a troll, but I'm on a budget for this, that's why I'm looking for cheaper than Rockford Fosgate.

You need to turn the first capacitor to the left the second to the right and the third to the up.

Then move the eighth resistor 3 barley corns to the left.

This will help with all those pesky supersonic frequencies that you get from a crossover that doesn't block those as well.

What the fuck? I lost my shit at "3 barley corns".

Amps have to be cea -2006 certified or they don't work properly ?

CEA-2006 amps put out their rated power. Anything that isn't 99% of the time won't.

If it put out it's rated power, the manufacturer would most definetly get it certified as it's an advertisement to them, so they can sell their shit more expensive and sell more of it.

Amps have to be cea -2006 certified or they don't work properly ?

CEA-2006 amps put out their rated power. Anything that isn't 99% of the time won't.

If it put out it's rated power, the manufacturer would most definetly get it certified as it's an advertisement to them, so they can sell their shit more expensive and sell more of it.

Damn, alot of people on here need to hear this. SO many people running non compliant amps. You could be like the SMD CEA compliance officer.

So what happens when you go below 4-ohms?

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived