Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

$$$$ in need of box design and cut sheet


Recommended Posts

Posted

First I'd like to say hello, I'm a long time lurker and this is my first post but I have a 06 mountaineer and I'm looking for a box design for 6 12s in a ported box. I would like to keep it subs up port back from what I have gathered this would be the best design for me. I don't want anything crazy just a nice daily system around 30-34hz

My measurements are 50 wide, 37 inch deep(this leaves me with 10 inches from the hatch), and 16 inch tall. (Window line)

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

Also I do NOT expect anyone to make me a design and cut sheet for free I am paypal ready and willing to pay for a design. With that being said I would prefer someone who has built Many boxes with success.

Thank you in advance!

Posted

he doesnt want anything crazy but going with 6 12's... that is already going crazy.

170 square inches over a pair of 18's

for 2 18's i did 48x32x24 and it net me 10 cubes after displacement. you will need a larger box to have them playing optimal. you are better off with 4 12's in the correct box

you also need to post the brand and model of the subs. some manufacturers recommend larger and some smaller. if you havent gotten the subs, buy the 4 and with the money that you will save on the other 2 use it to upgrade the subs you get so at least you can run the same power

Posted

Sorry the subs I was thinking about using are the alpine bassline 12s.... reason for that was because they are $50 each and alot of people compared them to type rs.... since I probably won't be able to do the 6 12s what would u all recommend sticking with 4 12s or do 15s or was even thinking about a single dc level 3 18.... I'm open to all suggestions, I was going to buy an amp after I decided on the subs

Posted

You can do the 6 12s in 17 5/8 x 50 x 37 so that's doable if you want, question is if you should use those bottom end 250W subs, I think not, if you are putting that much effort in building such a large box I would start with decent drivers (middle end at least), you could do in about that space, 4 SA-15 for example, 2 18 (most will work in 6 net) would be another example.

Posted

I got a price for a dc level 3 18 it is 320 shipped. Would that be a better route for me to go. I'm not looking to break the bank because I'm building a 68 camaro right now and that's really holding up my "hobby fund" and just want something in my dd that's decently priced and pretty loud. I would like to spend 400 or less might stretch to 500 on the subs

Posted

Yes you can do that and maybe do a second later, I would go with something better since you are doing a just single sub.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3797 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...