i live in kind of a county area and am looking to get adjustable coil overs but im after something i can have lowish in the summer and stock ride height in the winter. is there another route from bags that could do this. id like to do w.e handling upgrades i can to this car but im not sure what route to take. also like the idea of getting some wider rims/tires but am not sure how to go about finding out whats the widest i can go with out rub. would be kool to be able to have some tire stick out of the fender flares like a 4x4 truck but instead with sticky street tires.

can anyone point me in the right direction for what my goals are with this car.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for your post although not helpful to the questions asked i appreciate your effort to try and contribute to this thread. Perhaps now someone who might know how to help me in this wonderful adventure of trying to get big tires on my eclipse will post :D

i looked up the tire size for my car in 20" rims and it was a 245-35-20 so a taller but thinner tire then the stock. 225-50-17. so how do i find out the trade off as to how wide it can be with out rubbing. i would asume that in a 20" rim it needs to be a thinner tire other wise it would. but i dont want to run taller and thinner tires on the stock rim im after a more comfertable ride because of the area i live in being farm country. bigger tires on the stock rim seems like a good idea for this but im unsure if im going the right route here. anyone have any advice

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Have you thought about reducing wheel diameter to get a tall /wider tire on there?

Really this is kind of weird territory because most people with your car would want to slam it with low profile tires on it so it might be hard to get good answers.

Really you could bust out the tape measure and do some math yourself to figure out what's possible.

I saw different offset and smaller wheel is a place to start though.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

ya that seems to be the issue no ones putting bigger tires on these , am i wrong to think that a bigger tire should be a more comfortable ride and deal with bumps better

Depends on the tire quality

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

is there a process for trying to figure out the max tire size for a car. ima go to youtube and the net after this to search.

Archived