Financial Mistake--Team Droppin' Hz--'10 Taurus Trunk Wall--Oval box COMPLETED--Video added (5/30/16)--DC Audio, PRV, Crescendo

So after building this nice clean harness, I'm getting static once I turn the car off using all of the inputs. If I stop using everything but the front and rear doors the static goes away. On top of this I can't get any sound out of my tweeters at all. And on top of that, now I can't get the 3sixty to power up without USB power. I'm almost to the point of saying forget it.

Also got my new center channel speakers in. Pretty beefy for what they are. Didn't get any pictures today, but I will tomorrow. Still need to figure out what my tweeter issue is because the amp that I'm using to run my tweeters is also the one that will be powering my center channels as well.

Doesn't that just piss ya the fuck off when the Gremlins come out when you turn it on. Your like WTF...... i know i did everything right. Nice harness by the way.

Doesn't that just piss ya the fuck off when the Gremlins come out when you turn it on. Your like WTF...... i know i did everything right. Nice harness by the way.

Thanks. I've been researching some issues with the 3sixty. Trying to trouble shoot as much as I can. I hate to think that my tweeters maybe blown, but my amp is turning on like it should and they worked before the swap. The only way I'm going to be able to check is by hooking up the new center channel speakers and seeing if they have sound through that amp.

So after building this nice clean harness, I'm getting static once I turn the car off using all of the inputs. If I stop using everything but the front and rear doors the static goes away. On top of this I can't get any sound out of my tweeters at all. And on top of that, now I can't get the 3sixty to power up without USB power. I'm almost to the point of saying forget it.

Also got my new center channel speakers in. Pretty beefy for what they are. Didn't get any pictures today, but I will tomorrow. Still need to figure out what my tweeter issue is because the amp that I'm using to run my tweeters is also the one that will be powering my center channels as well.

So, I was having some odd issues with my DSP install as well, it changes with different connections and equipment, however on my DSP I had a switch to change my grounding preference between 200ohm, lift, or connected. I'm not familiar with the 360 but it may have something similar. troubleshoot also disconnecting RCAs coming out of the 360, see if the noise goes away with all inputs but just 1 set of outputs. You may have some weird grounding issues. What kind of RCAs are you using?

Also if you're mucking with levels, the output of the factory dsp tweeters was low IME, it may just be exceptionally low volume, does the 360 show the db of the input signal coming through?

So I believe my PBR300.4 is toast. I cannot get a single thing out of it. Tried switching RCA cables, tried hooking up another speaker to it, tried switching it to 4ch mode and using the rear inputs, I even tried hooking up the RCAs to the outputs on the Crescendo and I got nothing. Weird thing is that it powers up, not in protect, and the BRT light flickers like the amp is working. The amp even gets hot, like usual. I never unhooked moved it or unhooked any of the in/outputs and it just decided to stop working.

So with that being said I'm going to be purchasing a NVX MVPA4 to replace it. The foot print of this amp is even smaller then the PBR and it has higher output. I also got to take some pictures of the P132s I ordered to replace the front and rear center channels. Unfortunately since I have no amp, I can't even install them.

I gotta say though I'm super impressed by the 3sixty.3. Got a bunch of kinks worked out with it and some better understanding of some issues I was having thanks to the Rockford support group. Turns out that if you don't use channel 1 or 2, the 3sixty won't turn on without your own remote turn on. I also didn't end up using all 8 channels as planned. I am currently running 6 of the 8 (tweeters, front and rear doors) but I will be hooking up the front center channel to channel 7 on the 3sixty to ensure I get as much range as possible.

Here's my little itty bitty guys:

1211151005b.jpg

1211151006.jpg

If you dont mind I would like to put my two cents, food for thought. Well let me ask a couple questions, then I will give you a tid bit. Are you running the hi level inputs on the 360 using the amplifier output from the factory amplifier?

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

I will just share my tidbit, if it helps great if not thats fine too, The sony head unit puts out about 2.5 volts of unprocessed clean signal, If you tap into this signal pre stock amplifer you can get an non dsp'd signal. Down side is you cant control the volume as this is fixed at unity. If you put rca jacks onto the tapped wires you can run those into the front inputs of the 360. You will have to use the volume knob of the 360 to control the overall system output due to the fact the sony will no longer have an active volume over the system. The sony head unit tells the factory amp to lower the bass as the volume increases, plus the built in eq in the stck amp cannot be over come with after market corrections like a clean sleep or a 360. Tapping into connector c4326A which is the top grey connector on the factory amp. pins 9 and 19 are the right side signal and 7 and 17 are the left side signal. 9 is purple, 19 is yellow, 7 is green and 17 is gray, they are on top on one another so its pretty easy to figure out. I am not sure if this helps, Buts it waht I did to get my system to function and sound normal. I have a 2014 sho

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

I will just share my tidbit, if it helps great if not thats fine too, The sony head unit puts out about 2.5 volts of unprocessed clean signal, If you tap into this signal pre stock amplifer you can get an non dsp'd signal. Down side is you cant control the volume as this is fixed at unity. If you put rca jacks onto the tapped wires you can run those into the front inputs of the 360. You will have to use the volume knob of the 360 to control the overall system output due to the fact the sony will no longer have an active volume over the system. The sony head unit tells the factory amp to lower the bass as the volume increases, plus the built in eq in the stck amp cannot be over come with after market corrections like a clean sleep or a 360. Tapping into connector c4326A which is the top grey connector on the factory amp. pins 9 and 19 are the right side signal and 7 and 17 are the left side signal. 9 is purple, 19 is yellow, 7 is green and 17 is gray, they are on top on one another so its pretty easy to figure out. I am not sure if this helps, Buts it waht I did to get my system to function and sound normal. I have a 2014 sho

So what would be the advantage of running this way?

Archived