Financial Mistake--Team Droppin' Hz--'10 Taurus Trunk Wall--Oval box COMPLETED--Video added (5/30/16)--DC Audio, PRV, Crescendo

So a couple small updates. Trying to get started on building a box for both 12s. Here's what Trent, Jeff, and I came up with. More Trent and Jeff than I.

This is rough...

0517151240.jpg

0517151240b.jpg

Then I also order a few neo magnets to try and fix my mounting issue with my box I made for my 80PRS. Should be in some time this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Trent and I finally got to build my box. Made for a long day getting off of work at 7am and working on it til about 3pm, but it is done. Sounds pretty good. Box is tuned to about 36hz. Likes anything from about 31-45hz maybe even a little higher.

0528151047.jpg

Since we had some odd angles and a few minor gaps we fiberglassed the angled edges and then used the remaining resin we had went over all the seams. Once we got the other baffle on and the holes cut for the subs and port we glassed the other angle edges as well to make sure everything was sealed up tight.

0528151123.jpg

This is what you call a completely sealed box.

0528151521.jpg

And here's what it looks like in the car. Obviously not completely sealed off, but it won't take too much to do so. Trying to decide exactly how I'm gonna do it. Would like to add a second baffle to it so the subs can be flush mounted which will fill up a lilttle extra space. I didn't get to take a picture of the rear of the box but we had to build a spacer bar that goes along the back edge of the box so it sits level because my trunk drops off.

Next step is adding another battery, probably a XS XP975, at the least and then adding more power. Looking at either a SQ3500 or a DH3000, just depends on my funds. I will try and get a video or two shortly. Believe I actually have a little bit of windshield flex on the little amount of power that I'm running.

Looks good! how does it sound?

Pretty damn good if you ask me. Just retuned the amp earlier since I went from stock head unit and the CleanSweep setup to the 80PRS. It definitely gets down. Hot on the trail of a SQ3500.

Pretty damn good if you ask me. Just retuned the amp earlier since I went from stock head unit and the CleanSweep setup to the 80PRS. It definitely gets down. Hot on the trail of a SQ3500.

Right on. The 80-PRS is a great HU. Oh and nice subs-selfie! LOL I ment to give you shit about that earlier. SQ3500 should bring those subs to life! post some vids.

Right on. The 80-PRS is a great HU. Oh and nice subs-selfie! LOL I ment to give you shit about that earlier. SQ3500 should bring those subs to life! post some vids.

Yea I really want to upgrade my amp. It's the one thing I have been lacking since I've owned the subs and I've had them for about 3 years. Really trying to talk myself into buying this one.

If it the SQ3500 for sale on SMD i would jump on that. Hell i was thinking about it but missing 2 days of work cause i was sick would have paid for it plus shipping easy.

I have a T1500 on 2 HDS310 and i think they are a bit under powered and would like a good 3k amp myself. Good luck and post vids.

If it the SQ3500 for sale on SMD i would jump on that. Hell i was thinking about it but missing 2 days of work cause i was sick would have paid for it plus shipping easy.

I have a T1500 on 2 HDS310 and i think they are a bit under powered and would like a good 3k amp myself. Good luck and post vids.

This is actually one a team mate has for sale. Said he'd let it go for $500. He just bought it from someone else.

Archived