Mechman Alternators Offical Demo HEARSE

i like how they're inverted from the original alternator. looks cool and gives you super easy access to those power terminals!

this may be a dumb question, but i just realized that the alternators will also be spun in the opposite direction of the primary, so an alternator pulley can be spun either direction and still work normally? i dont know much about alternators, ive just never thought about the pulley being able to be spun the other direction.

Most alternators will function running in either direction. The only drawback to running them CCW, (counter clock-wise) is that 99.99% of all alternators out there have internal cooling fans that are designed to run CW. (clock-wise) When you run the cooling fans backwards, you loose about 30% of the cooling for the alternator. That is another reason we opted to use 250 amp Elite series units. The E series 250's have the exact same beefy twin rectifier setup that we use in the 370 amp E series units, so they have less heat potential, and are overly built to withstand more abuse.

i like how they're inverted from the original alternator. looks cool and gives you super easy access to those power terminals!

this may be a dumb question, but i just realized that the alternators will also be spun in the opposite direction of the primary, so an alternator pulley can be spun either direction and still work normally? i dont know much about alternators, ive just never thought about the pulley being able to be spun the other direction.

Most alternators will function running in either direction. The only drawback to running them CCW, (counter clock-wise) is that 99.99% of all alternators out there have internal cooling fans that are designed to run CW. (clock-wise) When you run the cooling fans backwards, you loose about 30% of the cooling for the alternator. That is another reason we opted to use 250 amp Elite series units. The E series 250's have the exact same beefy twin rectifier setup that we use in the 370 amp E series units, so they have less heat potential, and are overly built to withstand more abuse.

very interesting, and awesome! im excited to see them all up and spinning!!

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Well you learn something everyday. That's pretty awesome and really smart on choosing the 250's

got the idlers set up. Looks like the outer belt for the alternators will be able to be changed without unbolting everything, thanks to that little ribbed idler on the left. That is a HUGE convenience.

IMG_3071_zpsq4wphr5m.jpg

Not that the average consumer could do this.... but couldn't you guys just crack the case open and flip the fins around? I mean, they're your alts. You can do any damn thing you want with them. lol

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Not that the average consumer could do this.... but couldn't you guys just crack the case open and flip the fins around? I mean, they're your alts. You can do any damn thing you want with them. lol

I was thinking the same thing, except I was wondering about just making new fans

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

No the fins go on one way

You just run them in reverse and can't run them to their max potential because the cooling isn't there

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

The fan blades are already made for CW rotation. We could tool up and have our own CCW fans made, but then you would have to order rotors with no fans on them , weld them on here, re-ballance them, etc... The demand just isn't there for it. We are confident this setup will work for how we intend to use it.

The fan blades are already made for CW rotation. We could tool up and have our own CCW fans made, but then you would have to order rotors with no fans on them , weld them on here, re-ballance them, etc... The demand just isn't there for it. We are confident this setup will work for how we intend to use it.

So you guys just order all your alternator parts from someone else..... then just assemble them?

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Archived