Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Setup Reccomendation?


Vampire

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey everyone, first post here but I've been following SMD on youtube for a few years now.

The girlfriend has always been into showing the average joes up with her stereo setup, but it was always with craigslist quality setups.

I'm into headphone audio, and car audio has always been just whatever sounds good to me, but I want to do it right this time.

She just upgraded to a new truck and this time I want to get her a nice quality setup compared to what she's had.

Her last setup in her old truck was:

1997 Ford Ranger Ext. Cab

Planet Audio TQ1202 1200W

Two Dual Coil 12" BOSS Phantom P12DVC 2000W 4Ohm/Coil

I'm not sure how the subs are wired as i've never opened the box, but finally looking them up online I assume the subs were underpowered (but sounded nice in the Ranger lol)

The new truck is a 2006 F150 Supercab (Ext. Cab). I was looking at the prefab boxes for under the back seat that fit two 10s.

Specifically: http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/2004-2008-Ford-F150-Ext-Cab-or-2004-2006-Ford-Super-Crew-Dual-10-Custom-Sub-Box-Enclosure-2X10FORD-F150-04-08

I wanted to know what the forum members here would reccomend on new subs and a new amp. Budget is $600ish for the combined subs and amp.

The subs have the be shallower than 5.25", and the enclosure is .55cu per sub.

Thanks to anyone able to point me in the right direction.

Posted

Bet those would sound good on this amp

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_29472_JBL-MS-A5001.html

Or a crescendo symphony 1500.1 if you want more power budget would be pretty tight though

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8951 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...