ToNasty Posted March 9, 2015 Report Posted March 9, 2015 I am huge into fish keeping but I want to try a planted tank again. It's been a few years since I've done one. Anyonelse here have a planted tank? If so what equipment are you using ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted March 9, 2015 Report Posted March 9, 2015 In for this as well, I've had the itch to do a planted tank for a few years. Haven't had real plants since I was a kid. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
ToNasty Posted March 9, 2015 Author Report Posted March 9, 2015 I'm not sure I'm going full planted because I don't really want to run co2 but we will see. I want some anubis, swords and maybe dwarf tears for plants. never done shrimp so I might fill it with red cherry shrimp. I have a 20g long tank to do this with ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
ImaNoob Posted March 9, 2015 Report Posted March 9, 2015 Think i posted before but. I have a 34 Gallon rimless. GLA regulator. GLA dry ferts. ADA 150 watt 8k.. The plants grow out of the tank weekly..lol I have been toning it down a bit though. I switched to led lighting and slowly turning the valve back on co2.. 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Xs3400 1500BDCP FI BL 12 3sq @ 32hz Rockford t675 T400.2 Stinger Deadner Build Log Here
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted March 9, 2015 Report Posted March 9, 2015 I've been planning and reading a lot and have been seriously wanting to do a dirted tank. Diana walstad has a great book on the subject. http://www.amazon.com/Ecology-Planted-Aquarium-Diana-Walstad/dp/0967377366 That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted March 9, 2015 Report Posted March 9, 2015 I've got a ton a tanks sitting around too just no ambition to set one up lol. I've got a 165, a 110, a 60 cube, two 10 gallons, a 30 tall, a 20, a 40, and last but not least a 27 cube which I currently have set up. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
ToNasty Posted March 9, 2015 Author Report Posted March 9, 2015 I really want a 29 rimless but Im just using what I have. ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
ImaNoob Posted March 9, 2015 Report Posted March 9, 2015 I went from reef tanks to planted..lol its really a tough move. I was like broke tanks everywhere ...I just use eco complete for substrate. ADA didn't have there soil or i would have had that. 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Xs3400 1500BDCP FI BL 12 3sq @ 32hz Rockford t675 T400.2 Stinger Deadner Build Log Here
ToNasty Posted March 9, 2015 Author Report Posted March 9, 2015 I hate salt but wife wanted one so we have a 240 in the wall with a 180g sump underneath. I like freshwater. Piranha, snakeheads, wolf fish, gar ect. I now have 1 piranha left. And the dumbass salt tank. ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
ImaNoob Posted March 9, 2015 Report Posted March 9, 2015 lol..i wish i had room for a 240 reef tank..Id be broke. 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Xs3400 1500BDCP FI BL 12 3sq @ 32hz Rockford t675 T400.2 Stinger Deadner Build Log Here
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.