dolarbilz Posted March 17, 2015 Report Posted March 17, 2015 So you are cutting out the whole back of cab to fit the width of box? Before you do that have you thought about a 4th or 6th order box?It will give you a smaller hole to cut plus leave cab strength.why wouldn't you just mount amps the way you want 1st time and run two 12's in blow though for now..unless you like to work alot on system.seems like double work
polonczyk Posted March 17, 2015 Author Report Posted March 17, 2015 Im not cutting the whole width of the box, i have a face for the box and a smaller cutout that im planning. I had originally planned out a 4th order but it took up too much space and i wanted more of a flat frequency response curve, nothing too peaky. The system thats in now is what i had originally put in and planned to be keeping but I decided I wanted more hence the 4 12s. I already have everything done just waiting for the last 2 speakers in the mail. And i do enjoy working on the system alot so in the future ill probably be adding more door speakers and maybe glassing the doors. everything is always a work on progress
polonczyk Posted September 13, 2016 Author Report Posted September 13, 2016 Man, its been a minute since this! So damn much has changed. As far as the 4 12's build it turned out very good. I never metered it so I wont guess on what it hit, but it was very musical and pretty loud. Shortly after that I built a 4th order bandpass with 3 of the NVX VCW 15s and put that in the truck. I did it in a hotel parking lot and went to a show the following day. With no tuning and the port not being completely sealed I hit a 146.6 @37hz. I feel it had alot more potential if I had tuned and played with port area and sealed the port from the rest of the bed. Still not bad considering. Not too long after that I started a complete rebuild of the truck. Ill make a thread covering that and everything that I have done on it so far. But suffice to say, its turning into a beast....
polonczyk Posted September 13, 2016 Author Report Posted September 13, 2016 Heres 2 teaser pics of the current build.....
polonczyk Posted September 13, 2016 Author Report Posted September 13, 2016 Here is a link to the new thread, i dont have anything in it yet but will make updates shortly over time. Currently in San Diego with my Fiance. Like I said, alot has changed. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/206532-polonczyks-2004-dodge-ram-blow-through-build/
bsneon98 Posted September 15, 2016 Report Posted September 15, 2016 sick truck man. Love the color combo and overall look! Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152954-1998-plymouth-neon-updates/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.