Joe X Posted March 14, 2015 Report Posted March 14, 2015 But seriously can I make the ethos work in those dimensions? The first things to ask you is if you can do the box somewhat larger, what vehicle is it and what amp. Not to say it can't be done and neither saying you won't be satisfied with the results but since you will need to significantly cut port area from what is specified by the manufacturer you will take some performance hit, mild or not so much, it would be a good idea to talk to the owner if he is available either for feedback or even a layout if he is willing to do it.
d-nice88 Posted March 15, 2015 Author Report Posted March 15, 2015 Was gona power it with a bc 3500 and its in a buick lesabre 97
Joe X Posted March 15, 2015 Report Posted March 15, 2015 Amp is perfect, not sure the backseats will fold down in that vehicle though and also increasing your max dims even if it is 1 inch or two would be very helpful.
d-nice88 Posted March 16, 2015 Author Report Posted March 16, 2015 Its kinda hard since I cant make the box any wider at all since it wont clear the opening of the trunk and I can only make it deeper if I make it shorter im basically at my max for real in this buick. Those dimensions wont work for the ethos so they def wont work for the hds 300?
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted March 16, 2015 Report Posted March 16, 2015 If you really want to fit the two 15's you're going to have to build the enclosure inside the trunk. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Joe X Posted March 16, 2015 Report Posted March 16, 2015 The HDS315 are going to need more than 3 net so no I don't think that those would be a better option, is more like what it says in the post above, building inside and a little bigger, actually 16 x 39 x 31 1/4" would be enough IMO.
d-nice88 Posted March 16, 2015 Author Report Posted March 16, 2015 Ballz so only thing that would fit and work great in those dimensions would be 12's..? Dont know if I can get 150 db with 12's but what do I kno..
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted March 16, 2015 Report Posted March 16, 2015 Are you planning to compete or is the build just for personal enjoyment? That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
d-nice88 Posted March 16, 2015 Author Report Posted March 16, 2015 No just personal enjoyment I want to get nasty loud and low and even do a hair trick or 2. Maybe I dont have the vehicle to do it
d-nice88 Posted March 16, 2015 Author Report Posted March 16, 2015 I can only do so much in a 97 buick lesabre. How many 12's can I use in those dimensions? I want as much output and cone area as possible
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.