2007 Escalade build "The Basscalade"

Yeah that noise sucks bad, mine is doing the same thing, bought a new Kenwood head unit to replace the Pioneer I have in it, just haven't installed it yet...great work so far...now time for a video....

ground the RCA's on the back?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Hope when you get it playing you post a video. It looks like it's going to wang hard. Box is so clean dude great job. You got box building down to a T. Sucks about your head unit dude, hope it work out for the best.

2loud4uboyz thanks for the kind words! I was surprised and happy on how the paint turned out. I was planning on covering it vinyl but I think I like the paint for now. I wish would I would have did a better job sanding the box now. I got a couple of resin runs. So I going to take the box back out and re-do.

what module did you use? try running a separate 12v and ground to the head unit. had similar issue in a '06 Tahoe Z71, ran separate 12v and ground directly to battery from head unit. we used the Axxess module.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

what module did you use? try running a separate 12v and ground to the head unit. had similar issue in a '06 Tahoe Z71, ran separate 12v and ground directly to battery from head unit. we used the Axxess module.

I used the module that came with the perfect fit kit. Thanks for the info I will try that when I get off work. I still have the original power ground harness that came with the radio. I will run it straight to my battery bank. Thanks good info

Update: Im still dealing with the noise but I decided to go to a show today. OK guys the numbers are in:

Sealed meter on dash:

38hz 149.5

40hz 149.7

41hz 151.0 peak Screenshot_2015-03-29-21-39-03_zpsycykdx[/urlScreenshot_2015-03-29-21-39-21_zpsfzh8dk][url=http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/rfitzpatrick98/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-03-29-21-38-46_zps6qobu4hm.png.html]Screenshot_2015-03-29-21-38-46_zps6qobu4

I need some advice from you guys. I was checking my grounds yesterday with my multimeter. The rear grounds are at zero ohms resistance. with the engine off or on. I hope I said that right.

So my front, with the engine off it zeros out. But when I start the engine the ohms go up to around 40 ohms. This ground is coming from the frame. I believe this is where my noise is coming from.

I hope someone can shed some light on this problem.

Archived