Mechman Alternators

Got a boat? We got an alt for you!

no fair how come they get blue coating and us car drivers get standard gray

jk nice cool looking product

HA......For an additional 25.00 you to can have a blue alternator. Or for that fact any color that Dupilcolor makes in the high temp engine colors.

So what makes these different?

Singer beefed up one of the ones for my boat and he said that he couldn't "knowingly" sell me a car alt that did the same thing

A lot of the difference is in the back end of the alternator. The main area is the brush holder. One of the test that the Coast Guard does is a "self induced explosion test." They pretty much pump flammable gas into the alternator and spin it up to see how it blows up. Yes they destroy the alternator as part of the test.

So what makes these different?

Singer beefed up one of the ones for my boat and he said that he couldn't "knowingly" sell me a car alt that did the same thing

A lot of the difference is in the back end of the alternator. The main area is the brush holder. One of the test that the Coast Guard does is a "self induced explosion test." They pretty much pump flammable gas into the alternator and spin it up to see how it blows up. Yes they destroy the alternator as part of the test.

id like to see a youtube vid of this please and thank you

The Coast Guard most likely doesn't release any of the tests they do. They really aren't in the business of being YouTube famous.