CorNut Posted March 20, 2015 Report Posted March 20, 2015 I lost the key to my car, in case I can't find it (been a couple days now), will it work/hurt anything if I jumper a constant powered fuse over to the power window fuse? Would that allow me to roll them up if I can't find the key? It's supposed to rain tonight, it seems that'd work but I want to make sure I'm not going to fry something, thanks all.
Deeznutz Posted March 20, 2015 Report Posted March 20, 2015 hard to do without a schematic diagram to know what wires go where. May want to get a tarp for now. Good luck. -Frank
Skullz Posted March 20, 2015 Report Posted March 20, 2015 Take your vin # up to the dealer and have a new key made. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Deeznutz Posted March 20, 2015 Report Posted March 20, 2015 If you're dead set on getting the windows up, run to the u-pull-it junk yard and get the harness that works with your vehicle. just clip it and go. most will not charge you for a small part like that, especially if it resides in your pocket. get the schematic for your vehicle and wire up the (+) and (-) on the harness. remove the door panel and plug in your ready-made harness, and run the (+) and (-) from your battery. -Frank
Deeznutz Posted March 20, 2015 Report Posted March 20, 2015 Take your vin # up to the dealer and have a new key made. Oh yeah! Good point. What he said! -Frank
CorNut Posted March 20, 2015 Author Report Posted March 20, 2015 I've been meaning to get a spare key to replace my original spare I lost a couple years ago! Oh well, I guess now is as good of time as ever although I'm guessing it'll be a lot more expensive this way vs having that copy made for $5 I've been procrastinating. I can't imagine where I put that thing, oh well. Thanks/have a great weekend all
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.