Sundown Audio

I need some help narrowing down the issue

GymJunkie

The car has sat all winter, I start the car and the amp isn't working. It's a Kenwood amp. The red triangle turns on but not the blue strip. I removed the power wire from the fuse right at the battery, removed any stray wires that broke off, retwisted it and made sure the nut was tight. Everything came on when I started the car again and the bass came through but as soon as I cranked it up and the bass hit the amp shut off entirely (red triangle and the blue strip).

I have checked all the others cables and they appear pretty solid. The amp fuses are fine and while the inline fuse is fully intact it looks like it possibly might have a little corrosion on it so that is my next step. In the meantime though what other possibilities could it be?

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

Check your grounds for corrosion over the winter. I would recommend take the ground off and clean it up a bit with a wire brush, even if it looks good it's worth a shot.

-If its loud, fast, outrageous, or all of the above, chances are i'll think its awesome.

-"No way he's OCD." -said none of the people that know me ever.

04' Suburban "Lucifer" A.K.A #Lucii (Under Construction)

4 10s on 4kW in 6cu net @~28hz

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

92' JDM 325i "Stella" ~Going for sale to build a 350+hp E30~

Gutted pipes

96,000 OG KM's (59,000 mi)

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

89' Gen 3 Honda Prelude SI AWS "Odis"

Bone Stock

Possibly going to stance it

im guessing the triangle is just a light they use.. my HU has that triangle too and my other kenwood stuff also had it.. its just a light that shows the amp is on

41SSdl86laL.jpg

the red triangle is a protection LED. it's a diagnosis LED, it'll say in the manual what certain lights indicate. i.e if the red light constantly flashes slowly, it mean that it doesn't have power via 12v connection only remote and ground are connect.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Check your grounds for corrosion over the winter. I would recommend take the ground off and clean it up a bit with a wire brush, even if it looks good it's worth a shot.

Good idea I'll check it out today, thanks

the red triangle is a protection LED. it's a diagnosis LED, it'll say in the manual what certain lights indicate. i.e if the red light constantly flashes slowly, it mean that it doesn't have power via 12v connection only remote and ground are connect.

The triangle is constant like it always has been, unless the amp shuts off I mean than all the lights are out. I'm not sure about the blue strip but if the strip isn't on than the amp isn't working, even if the triangle itself is on.

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

Archived