Second Skin Audio

13' kia forte koup

Next_Level

hi there all you freaks, name is mike, new to this board, need advice on my daughters build.

haven't done anything yet but have plenty of equipment lying around, looking at doing 4 8's, 3 10's, 2 12's or 1 15, subs I do not have yet except for the 15, but was not planning on using it unless it.

I did some measuring and would be will to go 3.75 to 4.75 cubes of net volume that will still leave aprox. 14"x42" of trunk space left.

one of the things I am looking to do is port thru the rear deck of the car, there is an area aprox. 7" x 24" that I can use to port thru the rear deck. I would like to learn more about this and what it does for output, tuning, ect.

also would like some suggestions on brands of subs along with coil configurations for the number of subs.

as far as amp or amps go, I will figure that out once subs are decided.

thanks

mike

Anything you don't need to fire up so probably I wouldn't do the 15", 4 8s are more expensive so I would focus on 3 10s or 2 12s. Since there's no impedance matching issues with even number of subs (and you buy less drivers) I would go for 2 12s specially on a budget.

Porting into the cabin is usually best with bandpass boxes, with ported, usually you get to listen more of the port output than the sub output, so somewhat an uneven response, depending on your tastes this can be a problem or not so much.

I see, so if I am going to cut out the rear deck, that means this sort of acts as a port in a way even tho it is unintended to be, so if this is the case should I face the subs forward and seal the baffle in just that section of the trunk and tune the cut out somehow. and should the box be sealed at that point instead of ported.

I am only trying to figure this out due to vehicles I have had in the past that I use to leave the seats down to achieve the desired output, butt then again that was about 20 or so years ago.

thanks

Archived