Low preout voltage?

Did you set your rear output to full range instead of sub, and plug it into the front input to see what happens?

I haven't tried that. Didn't think it would make a difference. I can possibly try that tomorrow.

Are you talking about my post?

It will help you determine if it is the deck or them amp, although it doesn't sound like we have ruled out the RCA's either.

For example, if your front stage works like it should after using the rear out of the deck to feed the front input on the amp, you know it is the decks front output. If no change, then you lean towards the amp.

Make sure you try each set of rca's on the front and rear. It will help you rule things out.

You're talking about trying to use my mono amp to try to run the front speakers to test right? I'm not able to turn the lpf off on that amp sadly.

No not the mono amp, was just trying to say to use the rear deck output to run the 2 channel. If I typed otherwise I'm sorry. Trying to do too many things at once.

Did you set your rear output to full range instead of sub, and plug it into the front input to see what happens?

I haven't tried that. Didn't think it would make a difference. I can possibly try that tomorrow.

Are you talking about my post?

It will help you determine if it is the deck or them amp, although it doesn't sound like we have ruled out the RCA's either.

For example, if your front stage works like it should after using the rear out of the deck to feed the front input on the amp, you know it is the decks front output. If no change, then you lean towards the amp.

Make sure you try each set of rca's on the front and rear. It will help you rule things out.

You're talking about trying to use my mono amp to try to run the front speakers to test right? I'm not able to turn the lpf off on that amp sadly.

No not the mono amp, was just trying to say to use the rear deck output to run the 2 channel. If I typed otherwise I'm sorry. Trying to do too many things at once.

Oh ok. Yes I have did that and it was same outcome, I have to have the sub level all the way up and the subs hit hard no problem, but only with the sub level up to max. I haven't tried to use the rear output with 2 ch amp to power the 2 way speakers though That just involes a quick switch of the rcas

I vote head unit is the issue.. my old Alpine unit has similar issues, but its on the sub out instead lol :/

Does the output voltage for the front rise linearly (or very close to) with each click of the volume knob on the head unit?

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Sounds like a case of over measuring and over thinking.

You're caught up on the fact the voltage is different between the front outputs and the rear outputs.

If you forget about that, and just set the gain of the front amp using what you have, and set the gain of the rear amp using what you have I bet you'd be set.

I just tested voltage of both preouts at the jacks at hu. With sub level maxed and using 50hz tone the rear got 0.7volts at volume 35/50 and at 50/50 it read 2.1 volts. The front rcas I couldn't get a reading. With 1000 Hz tone the rear got 0.6 volts at 50/50 and the front didn't even get a millivolt again.

Archived