Second Skin Audio

2 FI Q's, or 1 FI SP4?

I have been wanting to get new subs, and think i am going to go back to FI. I had a SSD 15 before and really liked it. im trying to decide between 2 q's, or one sp4. both would be 15's. would having double the cone area for the q's be better? i am mostly going for spl, but the sq ive heared about with the q's does sound really tempting. any opinions?

Edit: also looking at 2 bl's. want it to get low. what sub will handle the lows the best, but still have a nice range

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

i would need to make a false floor to see exactly how big, but i should be able to fit 40x24x21. im thinking the sp4 will be easier to fit.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

After some modeling analysis (3K to either option, 4 cubic feet per driver, same tuning), it would seem like the two Qs are still going to potentially prevail over the single SP4 15, if you really want the small box you know what to do, I would still recommend the SP4 18 as it has better chances to match the 2 Qs (output wise) and do it in less space. This is no of course no substitute for actual building and testing.

Archived