Sundown Audio

Question about 4 channel amp

IKnowImLost224

Yes, each channel sees its own load. But I agree, I'm not sure what it is your saying you want to do. Are you saying you want to keep the stock speakers and power them with an amplifier?

Edit: posted a minute too late.

Lol all good, just dont want to mess anything up by adding these to the rear channel. I know most people will suggest just removing the 6x9's though.

I'm pretty sure by the way you're talking that you know when adding those tweeters to the front stage the channels on the respective sides will have different ohm loads once you make the change. Personally, I wouldn't add 4 ohm tweets to the same channels as the 2 ohm components. If you're wanting more in your front stage and don't worry about the passengers then I would eliminate the 6x9s like you said or run them off a different amp.

What I was saying is I was going to add the tweeters to the REAR channel. If I run the 4 ohm tweets in parallel with the 4 ohm 6x9's wouldn't that drop it to a 2 ohm load on each channel?

Yes, you'd be correct. You'd need to wire like so:

2_4ohm_svc_2ohm.gif

Awesome, thank you! That's what I was looking for

You're welcome and Rockford is correct on the bridging part.

I think i'm missing something, but I wouldn't suggest wiring a tweeter and a 6x9 speaker together

The tweeters have crossovers on them already so it's doable to wire a 6x9 and tweeter on the same channel.

tis do-able, but I wouldn't do it... interested to see how it goes, if it had to be done i'd rather put them on the same channel as the splits and set a hpf still so the crossovers don't have todo so much work.

I agree with you on how it's more work for the tweeter crossovers but that's what they're made for. The only problem putting them on the same channel would be the fact the balance would be screwed up because if you were turn it to the rear and to the left you could have all 6x9s or all tweets which makes it more difficult in determining the levels on how much you want from those respective speakers.

i'd have them on the front channels and set the hpf to 80 and have a lpf set to 80 on the 6x9's in the rear, as there is no subs in this setup.

Sorry I forgot to mention that there is a 12" Alpine Type R (New Model) in a sealed box running off of a Power Acoustik BAMF 2000/1 (yes I know its not the best amp but its decent at a budget price). I do see where you guys are coming from as far as balancing the speakers. I plan on trying it with everything hooked up and seeing how it goes. Thank you guys for the input!!

Archived