Fuse Holders

Like i said

ive seen some plastic get hot and burn.

Ive never heard of a SS coming loose, and causing issues.....

The plastic that "burnt" was ON a SS type...

sooooo

im a bit lost also...

and im not jumping shit.. im also, just doing whats best for me

(i run all SS type, spite the runs off my alts and lead ins and outs from my amps,.. so.. to hell if i know)

yeah my brother had those and it burns out because they dont use enough aluminum or whatever the brand might use so it tends to heat

I would be willing to wager that those melting instances had something to do with insufficient current carrying capabilities elsewhere like wire or whatever. If shit is getting hot enough to melt plastic I think you have other concerns besides the "type" of fuse holder.

Just my train of thought, fuck, I could be wrong. I have been before.

broke.. old school amps used those terminals ages ago and early 2000 they went the setscrew way.. it must mean something. i think even if you crimp or solder the lug on the wire there wont be enough surface area creating resistance and heat on the terminal..

You'd be wrong in your assumption.

the only way i see it would work is is it has a big block off copper sticking out the amp.. the lug and a tiny piece like the old school amps would create too much resistance at the amp causing it to heat or melt. the bolt and nut are okay its the piece where it connects that brings up concern

It doesn't take a lot of metal to carry current a fraction of an inch

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I would be willing to wager that those melting instances had something to do with insufficient current carrying capabilities elsewhere like wire or whatever. If shit is getting hot enough to melt plastic I think you have other concerns besides the "type" of fuse holder.

Just my train of thought, fuck, I could be wrong. I have been before.

my brother has 2 runs of 1/0 for a single crescendo 3500 at 1 ohm

i have the same wire and runs on more power with different fuse holders and no issue.. i gave my brother one of my fuse holders and he didnt have an issue after that

Wonder if there is a test on a set screw and lug type fuse holder.

BTW, let's not turn this into a pissing match.

I've never seen one.

In my mind though the set screw would have more resistance.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

how does a screw fail to hold a wire down? lol.

Id understand if the threading wasnt in tolerance and couldnt hold the screw in.

set screw or a normal bolt, its the same shit just a different top.

Archived