Sundown Audio

Learn me on plexi amp windows

Shenker

Tried searching here, and then google on doing plexi amp windows. The only info I found was in the form of a very mildly informative youtube clip, so my next option was to ask the experts. Im ordering my amps tomorrow, 2 BC2000Ds and I have decided to maybe have some fun with the amp mounting and rather then just stuffing them under the rear seat I would like to display the amps on a simple threaded rod rack as a focal point with some purple LEDs when I get around to figuring out how many LEDs im actually going to need for the whole truck. So is it really as simple as just taking the back panel off of the amps, tracing it onto some 1/8" plexi, cutting/drilling and re attaching? what about these lighted amps I see with LEDs inside them? I know goodvibez has lighted amps in his truck but I cant figure out how they are mounted, or powered. Finally, what about venting? I was thinking of maybe just drilling some holes in a pattern so they refract the light somehow.

-If its loud, fast, outrageous, or all of the above, chances are i'll think its awesome.

-"No way he's OCD." -said none of the people that know me ever.

04' Suburban "Lucifer" A.K.A #Lucii (Under Construction)

4 10s on 4kW in 6cu net @~28hz

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

92' JDM 325i "Stella" ~Going for sale to build a 350+hp E30~

Gutted pipes

96,000 OG KM's (59,000 mi)

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

89' Gen 3 Honda Prelude SI AWS "Odis"

Bone Stock

Possibly going to stance it

Hmmmm... Its really that simple, well cool! amps are ordered so as soon as they get here ill get some thin plexi or something similar from my work and see how it turns out. I may have to use acrylic but I cant imagine it will make much of a difference. Thanks Side Show!

-If its loud, fast, outrageous, or all of the above, chances are i'll think its awesome.

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

Gutted pipes

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

Bone Stock

good point, 1/4" then? I work in a hardware store and if i remember correctly 1/4 is the thickest that we carry, if not ill make a trip to the city one day to get some thicker stuff.

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

Gutted pipes

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

Bone Stock

I wouldn't go smaller than an 1/8. I made a window for a small amp that was pretty thin and it was really flimsy. I have some 3/16 to try next time. When drilling holes I used a drill press. Take your time and get them all as straight and aligned as possible or it will look weird.

Archived