Second Skin Audio

Help me help a friend

A buddy of mine is having a hard time choosing what sub or sub's to go with, and what a amp. He's got a 1995 four door Acura Integra. He want's sub's that will play rap,old school,rock,and spanish music. He's budget is around 850 to 950,for sub's and amp. i thought either two ten's or one twelve. I'm going to do the install and build his box for him. I'm going to do sub's forward,sealed of. What should I tune the box to,that would play those type of music? So,what sub or sub's would do the trick,plus what amp? Dimension's in the trunk are,14" height x 29 1/2" wide x 20" depth. He's a good friend,so any help,and suggestion's would be nice.

Space-wise you should be able to fit one 12" or a pair of 10"s, the 12" will probably be easier, though the 10"s would probably be more efficient. There are lots of good choices for sub/s and an amp in your price range.

Is this on stock electrical? If so, that's probably going to limit you more than anything.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Even 2 DC Audio 12s could work on that space, 32-34Hz would be ok for rap but in not too larger than recommended net airspace to avoid a peaky response, I guess is relevant as commented above if you are willing to upgrade your electrical or not, if not there's no point in buying heavy wattage equipment.

Archived