Mechman Alternators

mechman alt problems please help

ok i just got a new truck 2001 gmc sierra 6.0 L i took my mechman g series 270 amp alt that was working fine and is maybe 4 months old off my 1999 sierra

5.3 L to swap on the new truck when i start the truck volts high like above 15 and if i rev engine volts drop and raise and bounce around all cab lights and

head lights dim also does this while driving also a squeeling sound off and on while driving.i have a brand new tensioner and a shorter gates belt that is nice

and tight i have big 3 done in sky high ofc with a 300 amp fuse on alt power wire ,and a xs d3400 as starting battery .i have not installed my extra batts yet

witch is 3 more c&d dynastys MR400s i have not changed any thing with the electrical it has stock sterio ,speakers ,ect. any help would be great,

my buddy tells me i need an elite series cause the g series wont handle more strain its getting from the 6.0 motor but it says it works on 99-04 6.0s in the description

wasnt there another thread on here with having the same issue?

yes there is another thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197175-problem-with-alternator-or-wiring/

Edited by Miguels

Mechman is the best in Service!! Love my 320.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

ok i just got a new truck 2001 gmc sierra 6.0 L i took my mechman g series 270 amp alt that was working fine and is maybe 4 months old off my 1999 sierra

5.3 L to swap on the new truck when i start the truck volts high like above 15 and if i rev engine volts drop and raise and bounce around all cab lights and

head lights dim also does this while driving also a squeeling sound off and on while driving.i have a brand new tensioner and a shorter gates belt that is nice

and tight i have big 3 done in sky high ofc with a 300 amp fuse on alt power wire ,and a xs d3400 as starting battery .i have not installed my extra batts yet

witch is 3 more c&d dynastys MR400s i have not changed any thing with the electrical it has stock sterio ,speakers ,ect. any help would be great,

my buddy tells me i need an elite series cause the g series wont handle more strain its getting from the 6.0 motor but it says it works on 99-04 6.0s in the description

This is a very strange problem. The engine size in your case is not an issue, and your friend is wrong. It sounds like you have everything done right, and since it was working fine on your old truck you must of had it right on there also. My best recommendation is to send it back for testing.

Email me @ [email protected] and I will get you a return number.

Thanks,

Chris