Dc alternator

Okay fixed the problem but I still get reall low drop by the amp mayby bad ground

Is the monster cable 1/0 in your signature what you are using?

If so I'd change it because it has plastic running down the middle of it and plastic doesn't conduct electricity.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Okay fixed the problem but I still get reall low drop by the amp mayby bad ground

Is the monster cable 1/0 in your signature what you are using?

If so I'd change it because it has plastic running down the middle of it and plastic doesn't conduct electricity.

No I got sky high wire now,

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

How much voltage drop are you seeing?

Where and how are you measuring it?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

How much voltage drop are you seeing?

Where and how are you measuring it?

on the battery under hood its drops to 13.5 and the voltage on amp drops to low 12s

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

thats usually due to the resistance in the power wire.

So your saying another power wire.

Well what are you using for power wire first?

A decent rear battery could also help soften the blow as well.

Also making sure all ring terminals are properly crimped or solder can also cause resistance if the terminals are loose.

Same goes with fuses/fuse holders, if the fuse or wires are not tight on them more resistance, often times when you see a melted to hell fuse holder its due to a poor connection, which causes resistance which makes the electricity flow through a narrowed path which in return causes lots of heat.

A good solid ground to a frame rail preferably, with paint/rust removed and the ring terminal bolted to the vehicle (not screwed with drywall or self tapers).

Of coarse the big 3, and if your feeling ambitions upgrading the charge wire from the battery to the main fuse panel under the hood helps with interior lights dimming.

Usually around .4 to .8 volts of drop under load is normal if you have done everything nicely.

But again, this will depend on the wiring, the length, the quality of the connections, the vehicle, etc.

Edit, if its that monster cable in your signature that your using still, and has that center plastic tube, I say toss it for better wire that isnt trying to sell you increased current flow with less copper through due to a piece of plastic tube for $6.00 a foot or whatever it is now.. Marketing..... lol

Archived