OP, You most likely don't need a capacitor. A good cap BANK (multiple) can help stabilize voltage.

Like Miguels said we have no idea what to tell you without knowing the car and equipment. Some needed information would be size of alternator (amperage at idle and at rpm), battery (not physical size but output and storage potential) and your amps and subs.

I would look on basic car audio electronics website and learn the fundamentals and come back to us.

(your buddy pushing the capacitor I am guessing probably doesn't know what he/shes talking about)

man my car has a 16 gauge wire on the alt and that was to charge my electronics in my car I said hell nah I slap the big 3 on them and now

I experience high amps and volts and my alt do not run hot anymore. It all depends on that charging on a alternator.

16 gauge....that can't be right.

man my car has a 16 gauge wire on the alt and that was to charge my electronics in my car I said hell nah I slap the big 3 on them and now

I experience high amps and volts and my alt do not run hot anymore. It all depends on that charging on a alternator.

I had 2 car's long time ago that had 16 guage wire charging the alternator

pTRU1-18183790enh-z6.jpg

...it was one of these wasn't it? big three help with the light bar dimming?

I do not understand your question or are you trying to be funny I am lost here or you do not understand electronics

it is one of the two here :unknw:

I do not understand your question or are you trying to be funny I am lost here or you do not understand electronics

it is one of the two here :unknw:

You gotta be smarter then the joke I guess.

my old 1978 truck had 12 gauge wire.. the stock alt was about 40 amps max.. you will need more than just the big 3 to get it right.. even 4/0 wire will have voltage drop.. like stated before.. dont matter how much wire you have.. if there is nothing that produces power you will see voltage drop.

you did not answer my question :unknw:

Dude was just messing with you.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

Not sure how big the alt is butbthe batter is one from Walmart and. I'm running 2 15s on a 1200 watt amp pushing at 800 watts. Also had a question on the guy who built my box wired my sub's parallel and since then I upgraded the amp from a 500 watt to the 1200 and I wired them the same with one wire from one sub and the other from the other sub would it be better to wire both sub's with both wires so instead of having two wires o have 4

Archived