Sonic Electronix

2 18''kicker Solo X Box Build

hi everyone. Well ive been watching th builds section an before i start my build i want to know your opinion on the box i should build. i have two boxes that i drew up, please help me decide which is better, thank you.

dimensions of box

48'' x 35'' x 27''

port is 25''x 8'' and length is 10''

the 1st box has the port facing up. and plexiglass on the back.

the 2nd box has the port facing back (bottom) and the plexi facing back (top)

im not sure if it will upload correctly so i added the direct link at the bottom

Posted Image

please let me know what you guys think

direct link http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn165/fenix881/portup.jpg

ps, this will go in a 05 dodge caravan and i will run each 18'' with a xx goliath

freddy velez

I like the look of the second box, you want to be careful when mounting amps to the sub box, the vibrations can be bad for them.

hi thanks, yea i might mount the amps somewhere else, i just gota find the space :)

thanks i like #2 but i also heard that the port up would be go...

but then again some say that the port back is better. so that why its hard for me to decide.

freddy velez

hi thanks, yea i might mount the amps somewhere else, i just gota find the space :)

thanks i like #2 but i also heard that the port up would be go...

but then again some say that the port back is better. so that why its hard for me to decide.

sub up port back is usually the best way to go

2007 Pontiac G6 on 20's

Current System-

Jensen VM-9312 in-dash

(1) Kicker 1500.1

(2) DD 1500 Series 12's

Running Knu Koncepts 1/0 wiring

145.6db- Floorboard

162.9db- Port

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1983 Toyota Corolla Station Wagon (SPL Vehicle)

(Under Reconstruction)

you can mount the amp to the box...i'd just double or triple layer it for protection on the side you're going to mount them to. i have mine mounted to my box, but i have 7 layers of fatmat between the layers. so it does ok :)

you can mount the amp to the box...i'd just double or triple layer it for protection on the side you're going to mount them to. i have mine mounted to my box, but i have 7 layers of fatmat between the layers. so it does ok :)

nice i didnt think of using fatmat, i might do that then,, im also goin to put 4 12'' electrovoice speakers and 2 15'' electrovoice.. so im going to be creative with this build.. im about 85 % done with the shop list..

i got 1 18'', i got the 2 xx goliaths, i got the 1'' mdf for the build , all the 1/0 cables, terminals, i got the 6 ev speakers, and the ma audio amp for it, and i got the money for either a 260, 280 , or 300 alt from Dom, but im waiting for the group buy..

now all i need is another 18'' solox , a spair black cone for the sub i got now, get the alt installed when i get it// mounted dual ( the stock is 160 amp).. plus i want to get myself a termlab, and i guess a kinetik 2000 for the front.

freddy velez

Archived