Cj Kumz Posted April 17, 2015 Report Posted April 17, 2015 Post you max dimensions. If you wanna be a bass head you gotta sacrifice your whole boot man lol. Groceries go in the backseat Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Joe X Posted April 17, 2015 Report Posted April 17, 2015 Looking at some numbers for a ported box with those subs would need to be about 22"D at 17H and 38W unhappily.
Dominicf91 Posted April 17, 2015 Author Report Posted April 17, 2015 Took closer measurements 39" L 17" H I have a 60° angle seat leaning towards the back, Measuring from bottom of angle I have 29" D Measuring from top of angle I have 22" D Not sure if that helps or confuses anyone, lol I'd happily post pics but not sure how
Joe X Posted April 17, 2015 Report Posted April 17, 2015 Here is a suggestion, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4", figure is just an assembly guide, bracing is two top to bottom 1 1/2" wooden dowel rods: NOTE: ports are flared 4" ports: http://www.parts-express.com/precision-port-4-flared-speaker-cabinet-port-tube-kit--268-352 Details on the cutsheet, just bear in mind the slanted wall is in the back in this case:
Dominicf91 Posted April 17, 2015 Author Report Posted April 17, 2015 Thanks Man! If I wanted to make the port out of MDF how would I do that? Not sure if I wanna run PVC for the port
Joe X Posted April 17, 2015 Report Posted April 17, 2015 I am using round ports to save space, I prefer not to use them but this is what I could come up in the space you have. The ports also need to have flares like the ones in the link, your alternative is sealed but is not as loud and hit as low as ported.
Dominicf91 Posted April 17, 2015 Author Report Posted April 17, 2015 Ok, thanks Joe! Appreciate the help, Gonna go get my materials tomorrow!
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted April 18, 2015 Report Posted April 18, 2015 I am using round ports to save space, I prefer not to use them but this is what I could come up in the space you have. The ports also need to have flares like the ones in the link, your alternative is sealed but is not as loud and hit as low as ported. A sealed enclosure doesn't play low? That's a new one. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Miguels Posted April 18, 2015 Report Posted April 18, 2015 I am using round ports to save space, I prefer not to use them but this is what I could come up in the space you have. The ports also need to have flares like the ones in the link, your alternative is sealed but is not as loud and hit as low as ported. A sealed enclosure doesn't play low? That's a new one. looks like you didnt get the memo my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.