greg4510 Posted May 4, 2015 Author Report Posted May 4, 2015 hey guys finally got my skar audio ddx 15s. I was looking for a few box ideas. I have 48 wide 23 high and at the most 23 deep. maybe a tuning between 34-32 subs up port back. any suggestions they are going on a skar audio sk2500.1
Facekicker Posted May 5, 2015 Report Posted May 5, 2015 This should work fine. 2002 Monte Carlo Started a build log Fi, DC, Mechman, XS Power
greg4510 Posted May 5, 2015 Author Report Posted May 5, 2015 that's a pretty small box I was thinking it should be a lil more space to catch the lower notes a lil better
Joe X Posted May 6, 2015 Report Posted May 6, 2015 Here's another suggestion for you, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 6", figure is just an assembly guide:
greg4510 Posted May 7, 2015 Author Report Posted May 7, 2015 hey joe x I was just wondering with the design you gave me which would be more efficient slot port or maybe like a 10 inch aero port?
Joe X Posted May 7, 2015 Report Posted May 7, 2015 The slot port turns to make possible the lower tuning, a 10" straight aero can't fit and much less since it would need clearance to the back wall , besides the slot port has way more port area than a 10" round port, so for this case specifically the slot port looks clearly a better choice. With the box above you still need 6" clearance in front of the port for it to work.
greg4510 Posted May 11, 2015 Author Report Posted May 11, 2015 hey joe x another question. you gave me the design with it center ported would I have any disadvantages if I were to port it on the drivers side of the box instead of center ported tuned to the same specs?
Joe X Posted May 11, 2015 Report Posted May 11, 2015 The port in the middle is a very safe design avoiding uneven loading issues that can occur in some side ported designs, if you see the box posted earlier which is from Sundown, they have also opted for same type of layout.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.