greg4510 Posted April 17, 2015 Report Posted April 17, 2015 Hey guys im thinking about ordering some skar audio ddx15 I have plenty of space for whatever size box but my real question is has anyone really used them and any pros and cons about them. I have a skar audio sk2500.1 to push them but I have seen a few negative comments about the owner but a few good comments about the products just wondering before I order them
Emmet Posted April 17, 2015 Report Posted April 17, 2015 Give your money to skar if you want, but remember there's a reason why a lot of people don't i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah.. You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people. I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.
greg4510 Posted April 17, 2015 Author Report Posted April 17, 2015 see I get skar at wholesale pricing the sundowns would be more. I thought the vvx 15 and sa 15 were close so I chose to step up to the ddx. I have about 600 to spend on subs but I already have the amp so I need something that the sk2500 can push
dolarbilz Posted April 17, 2015 Report Posted April 17, 2015 http://store.ficaraudio.com/ssd15/ Base models will work.adding options may jump price..
Emmet Posted April 17, 2015 Report Posted April 17, 2015 Except that is a ddx not a vvx. For 600 you have a lot of good options. Fi ssds, AB xfls, IA lethal injections, SQ hdc3's, tantric mds, the list goes on. Or even in the for sale section fosgate fiend is selling xl 12's for 600 a pair for a beefier but smaller sub that'd future proof you when you want to up power. There was also dss ethos 15s for sale quite a while ago for around 5. Not sure if either of those still have them but your options are many. Don't sell yourself short on what you can get. i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah.. You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people. I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.
greg4510 Posted April 18, 2015 Author Report Posted April 18, 2015 Yea i saw the xfl 15s but i figured they would take alot bigger box even though they are the same specs
Hugh G. Rection Posted April 19, 2015 Report Posted April 19, 2015 Ddx is a decent driver. Masterwill has 4 ddx 15s in his 4runner is a no wall setup that will do 155db on the termlab outlaw. Owner of BigAss Ports
Big-A Posted April 19, 2015 Report Posted April 19, 2015 Buddy of mine is running 2 DDX12's on a Skar 2500 and they get down. If you can get them at dealer cost then I say let it rip. 2004 Dodge Ram Head unit- Alpine iDA-x305s Sound processor- Clarion eqs746 Mids/Highs amp- Alpine MRV-F345 Sub Amp- Alpine MRD-M1005 Dash Speakers- (3) Dayton Audio rs75 Front Door- Skar SPX65c Rear fill- Skar SPX tweters and Dayton ND140 midbass Sub- Fi Audio SSD 15 high QTS SHCA power/ground cables and Stinger interconnect XS power D6500 under the hood and D680 in the amp rack Big 3+ with SHCA http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161174-dodge-ram-quad-cab-fi-ssd15-skar-audio-alpine-shca/?p=2326251
Facekicker Posted April 19, 2015 Report Posted April 19, 2015 I've ran more Skar than I'm proud of. DDX are okay subs, and priced okay as well. But... If you're buying new, there's lots better to be had. If you're getting Skar deals, ZVX is a MUCH better sub, and really, the best sub in their lineup. Again though, if you're buying new, there's better for the same $ 2002 Monte Carlo Started a build log Fi, DC, Mechman, XS Power
greg4510 Posted April 21, 2015 Author Report Posted April 21, 2015 yea I wanted to get the zvx 15s but I would be over the budget I have. I ended up buying 2 ddx15s for under $400 shipped to me with a 1 year warranty. again I get them wholesale and I can send them back as many times as I need for a year. I plan on running the sk2500.1 at half ohm and I knew that wouldn't be enough power for 2 zvx
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.