Frustrating alt whine won't go away...

When you tested the jumper you moved the amp grounds right?

I left the existing grounds all still there like you said. I used the jumper on top of it all.

The whole point was to move the amp grounds to the rear batt after you ran the jumper

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

The whole point was to move the amp grounds to the rear batt after you ran the jumper

Maybe I did not clarify...the amps are already grounded to the rear battery...BUT the rear battery is grounded to the chassis in the back...

So I should disconnect the rear batt to ground wire while doing the jumper test?

Take all the grounds off the rear batt except for the amps and the run from the front.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Lol!!! You didn't even try to check the voltage between the 2 batteries before you did that, did you? Don't be afraid of the DMM it is a very useful tool.

The voltage is basically the same ..lol I use my dmm alot

If they are basically the same while the car is running then your back battery is grounded well. I would check the factory harness where the ground wire is and make sure it's not loose.

Lol!!! You didn't even try to check the voltage between the 2 batteries before you did that, did you? Don't be afraid of the DMM it is a very useful tool.

The voltage is basically the same ..lol I use my dmm alot

If they are basically the same while the car is running then your back battery is grounded well. I would check the factory harness where the ground wire is and make sure it's not loose.

And the factory ground for the front battery? I replaced that when I did the big three.

Take all the grounds off the rear batt except for the amps and the run from the front.

Ok, I will try that.

The thing with a ground loop problem is that it is exactly as the word says, the ground is looping back instead of getting where it needs to go.

By doing what you did you gave it a straight path now.

Archived