Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Really need help. port tuning


Ella Wike

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm running a fi ssd 15 I can post the specs if needed. I'm building a box that is 17 ×40.5×12 these are my available measurements. It's 4.06 cubes after the displacement of the sub.. everthing I've read sais to do about 16 cubic inches per cubic foot on the port of the box. I'm planning to tune it to 36 htz and every time I try I eND up with what I think is an insane number. Which is this time 6 tall 5 wide and 10.96 inches long for the port which was 86 inches per foot I believe I only have either 17-27 inches in length available for the port which I think is huge. But it's what I have any suggestions please I'll appreciate and consider all opinions .

Posted

Port area is a two dimensional measurement, its just the height times the width. Sounds like you are calculating port volume, which is height times width times length.

So your 6" tall by 5" wide port has 30 sq in of port area. You are going to want at least 50 sq in of port area, and 60 would be even better.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

Port area should not be calculated based off of the size of the enclosure. It should be calculated based off of the driver's parameters.

Posted

Okay so it's a fi ssd 15. I'm building the box into a 09 hyundai accent sedan and wanting to tune it to 36ish also realized my measuremen's were wrong. It's 17×40.5×13.5 tops. Also thank you for clearing up the port area subject I was do volume that's for sure

Posted

So here is a suggestion, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 3 1/4", figure is just an assembly guide, bracing is a single 1 1/2" wooden dowel rod:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

NOTE: It is very likely that this box won't fit through the trunk openining so fitting though the backseats should be considered.

ssd15.jpg

ssd15pic.jpg

Posted

I will!! So far I had the box in there temporarily for fitting. I was ready for fiberglass! And tried to close the trunk:/ about a quarter inch to wide for the arms of the trunk. So have to reshape the box

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3402 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...