Derrick824 Posted April 8, 2008 Report Posted April 8, 2008 Well considering I am limited by the amount of room I have I can only go so big before I am maxed out. So does 32 hz, 5 inch port, subs up port back, and each sub in their own chamber sound good or should the box be one big open space? You mean four 4" ports. Aero ports will add cost to the build but will help conserve your limited space. I personally wouldn't divide the box.
Noobtastic14 Posted April 8, 2008 Report Posted April 8, 2008 PUSH PULL CLAM SHELL FTMFW -Drew I am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. uhoh_45 said: dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew
banginAltima Posted April 8, 2008 Report Posted April 8, 2008 Well considering I am limited by the amount of room I have I can only go so big before I am maxed out. So does 32 hz, 5 inch port, subs up port back, and each sub in their own chamber sound good or should the box be one big open space? You would want the box open. If you are as short on space as you say, you don't want to add any more displacement then you need too. that should be 4 inch ports, its up to you if you want 4 or 5 ports. If you build it, db's will come... NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09). Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Currently Rebuilding.... My 150db Plus Trunk Build I do box designs. [benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs [benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs
cichlidfort Posted April 8, 2008 Author Report Posted April 8, 2008 Alright so it will be open space and not them having their own enclosures. However, why can't I just have on big port instead of 4? 2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style) Setup in the makings
Derrick824 Posted April 8, 2008 Report Posted April 8, 2008 why can't I just have on big port instead of 4? The ports I'm recommending are flared round ports. You would need a single 8" to = the same air flow and they don't make 8" aeros. You could use two 6" ports but four 4" will be cheaper.
rusty959 Posted April 8, 2008 Report Posted April 8, 2008 Just going on a little bit of experience from my 15L7 I had and a few boxes I built for it, and on other peoples experiences... 6 cubic feet is not enough for two 15" L7s IMO... personally I consider that just a bit more than what is about right for just one... If at all possible, I would go with the 8 cubic feet Derrick824 suggested at a minimum. 2013 Subaru BRZ12" Orion HCCA on AQ 22001967 mustang restoration project: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110765-mustang-restoration-build-2011-edition/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therusty959
cichlidfort Posted April 8, 2008 Author Report Posted April 8, 2008 Just going on a little bit of experience from my 15L7 I had and a few boxes I built for it, and on other peoples experiences... 6 cubic feet is not enough for two 15" L7s IMO... personally I consider that just a bit more than what is about right for just one... If at all possible, I would go with the 8 cubic feet Derrick824 suggested at a minimum. Yeah but I don't have that room remember? It's in the back of a Jeep Liberty not a Tahoe lol. I will get the biggest I can/ 2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style) Setup in the makings
banginAltima Posted April 8, 2008 Report Posted April 8, 2008 One big slot or square port would have more displacement then 4 four inch ports. plus aero ports seem to flow a little more air then square or slot ports. why do you think people try to round and/or 45 the corners of slot or square ports. don't get me wrong slot/square ports are good to but the thickness the those ports is large compared to the thick of the aero port. for the people yelling at the screen, I'm not saying aero port are the best. each port has its place... If you build it, db's will come... NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09). Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Currently Rebuilding.... My 150db Plus Trunk Build I do box designs. [benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs [benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs
GHOPPOMAN Posted April 8, 2008 Report Posted April 8, 2008 subs up , port back. u should really have 4.5 cubes per sub after disp. or 8 cubes shared after disp. id always rather see big enclosure small port then small enclosure big port. since u say u only have 6 cubes then use fiberfill to help out.
cichlidfort Posted April 8, 2008 Author Report Posted April 8, 2008 What's fiberfill and how do you use it to "help out?" 2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style) Setup in the makings
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.