best comp set 6.5" for $300 or less per set

Andrew Storlie

I have a 2005 jeep grand cherokee, i want to upgrade the speakers to something that has really good sql but can still get loud. I was thinking alpine spr-60c or just going with pwx6 and a ft1 tweet with 3500hz cross. Im going to be running about 100rms per door. And would like to spend 600 or less for all my door speakers, but willing to go higher if its worth the money like morels or focals.

Thoughts, advice, reccomendations.

the amp ill be using for the highs is a PDX-V9 rated at 100rms x 4 but usually ends up about 120rms rated power At 14.4v

Go with comps.

super tweeters sound horrible to me.

Are you trying to do all four doors?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

OK what I would do honestly is buy some cheap coax for the rear if you really want/ need rear fill and spend more money on a really nice setup for the front.

Use the 4 channel just for the fronts, 2 channels for tweets 2 channels for mids.

Run the rear fill off head unit power.

What head unit do you have?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Stock now, but probably a sony double din nav. i want somthing simple, i dont need all that ipod connect shit and features, just bluetooth for music and navigation. Maybe backup cam one day. I want all my doors the same cause i have people in the back all the time. And im one of those people that are very picky on having everything the same, so if i were to spend 600 on just the front doors, i know id end up spemding 600 on the rear too. That why i was thinking the alpine spr-60c would be a perfect fit, about 350 for all 4 doors and power ratings match the amp perfectly. I just wanna make sure they sound good. Im in the middle of deadning the whole suv now with 2 layers of 110mil gt mat everywhere and in some places 4 layers. I want a very well sound deadened truck (I hate road noise)

More layers of sound deadening doesn't do anything more than one layer will.

Law of diminishing returns.

Also that gt mat is asphalt based garbage if you haven't started yet get some Real sound deadening and throw that stuff away.

the crescendo tweeters sound good actually. both the super tweeter and the rts-1. the super tweeter does need lots of adjustments but the rts-1 sound really good. my brother and i just hooked his up and sounded clear

Also that gt mat is asphalt based garbage if you haven't started yet get some Real sound deadening and throw that stuff away.

Well i got the gt mat basicly for free, ive only done a bit.... what other brand is worth the money you pay, i dont wanna be forking out 100 bucks to do an single door...

FYI the Crescendo FT1's are 5k+ hertz I think

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Well i got the gt mat basicly for free, ive only done a bit.... what other brand is worth the money you pay, i dont wanna be forking out 100 bucks to do an single door...

The beauty of good quality cld sound deadening is that you don't need 100% coverage.

There is also more to sound deadening than the cld.

Lots of good info here.

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

Archived