Problems With My Compustar Alarm? Need Opinions

hey guys, my 89 mustang came with a compustar alarm which I hope wasnt a shop job because whoever installed this did a horrible job. I'm trying to decide whether to have a shop fix my alarm or install a new one, if so which one? I dont know anything about alarms at all, is compustar even a good company? What my alarms doing is when I used the remote to lock the car and turn on the alarm it wont let me disarm the alarm, and now it just stopped working completly and occasionally locks and unlocks the car but does not turn the alarm on and it is not in valet mode which it has also done before. I havent made any electrical changes recently so I dont know what it could be caused by. I have heard great things about viper other than them being too sensitive which I like anyway.

also I was curious if anyone knew of a good shop if you think I should have mine fixed in northern cali, I live about an hour from modesto and stocton and about an hour and a half from sacramento.

Thanks for any input

Edited by pk222

what town do you live in?

Got a pic of the remote?

Or the model number off of the brain?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I will get a pic of the remote soon but supposedly its their best one from what the compustar people said when i called them for help.

the remote has a screen to show me the battery level and its black with chrome trim with the buttons labeled I through IV if that helps

come on I know a lot more of you know about alarms at least way more than I do.

I have been told that I should have a new alarm installed and it would cost more to fix the one on it because they wouldnt be able to treble shoot the problem easily and it could take minutes or it could take hours. What are your thoughts on this? Are there any fuses I can check for or ?

p2w900fm as is the alarm you have.

I would try a reset if i were you.

And need to get to a dealer that knows the system, not just trying to sell you a new piece.

There isnt a dei alarm even close to that thing.

BTW it retails for about 750.00 installed in that car.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

and now for some reason after messing around with it, it works on and off, like I'll press the button maybe 15-20 times quick and then it will lock or unlock the doors without the alarm and then it goes into valet mode and I can take it out then and it works fine for like the next 5-6 times I use it.