Second Skin Audio

havoc in a forth

audiolamb6

What size sub? What frequencies is it bottoming out on? Do you know what the front chamber is tuned to?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

sub is a 12" as for what frequency not really sure just got it playin tonite but id say the lower end . and as for the tuning of the front camber not really sure its 4.5 inchs long. i got the design from a friend whos used it for a lot of different subs and worked well with all of them

OK, just so I got the number straight. The box is 1.2 cubes sealed side, .83 ported side, with an 8" port 4.5" long? Do you have the sub motor mounted in the sealed side or ported side?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

Ported side is tuned around 120Hz

I would personally keep that sub out of a 4th

Instead try a standard vented at around 3 cubes, and use 2x 4" Aero ports @ 27" length each

Should give you a tuning around 27hz, play safe @ 2kw down to around 20hz

I am assuming also that you are using the 12" AA - Havoc

If you leave it till the last minute, it will only take a minute.

Build Log - 4x12's Trunk Firing 6th

Yeah, I got pretty much the same tuning number as Quintine did. So basically what you have is a sealed box, with some crap in front of it that's doing nothing for you.

I would recommend avoiding designs from this friend of yours in the future.

Sealed boxes don't have the excursion limiting abilites of a ported box, so is not terribly surprising you are bottoming out, especially on the low notes.

Builds:

They do if designed right but it seems like things are too small which can actually increase excursion (From what I have read, have not seen it happen in person*) Perhaps something like that is happening here.

*If someone has a little more real world knowledge than me about effects of tiny sealed enclosures causing extra excursion please apply that knowledge strait to my face.

If you leave it till the last minute, it will only take a minute.

Build Log - 4x12's Trunk Firing 6th

Archived