Totalnoob Posted April 28, 2015 Report Posted April 28, 2015 Hey guys I am trying to run an active setup and was wondering what ranges are safe to play with a component set. I have the crescendo mezzos and I currently have the midwoofer high pass to 50hz with a 12db slope and the low pass set at 4khz with a 12db slope then I have the tweeters highpass set to 4khz with a 6db slope. Are those settings safe to play with a component set? If not can you guys point me in the right direction on what frequencies I can safely play with each speaker without damaging or blowing them? Thank you
Soccerballzs Posted April 28, 2015 Report Posted April 28, 2015 Mezzos are not a Midwoofer they are a midrange you may want to try 100hz on them. What woofer set up do you have? If you are looking for a Midwoofer look at JL Audio ZR series. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
Totalnoob Posted April 28, 2015 Author Report Posted April 28, 2015 I have an x series sundown sub crossover at 40hz with a 12db slope.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted April 28, 2015 Report Posted April 28, 2015 You'll definitely want to add a mid bass to fill that gap the midrange isn't meant to dig that low. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Totalnoob Posted April 28, 2015 Author Report Posted April 28, 2015 So its safe to play up to about 7k with the midrange woofer? Since I have it set a 4k with a 12db. Maybe I should go a little higher maybe set it to 5k instead? It sounds louder but it sounds like some treble is coming through and scared I am going to blow them
bamaman Posted April 28, 2015 Report Posted April 28, 2015 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/96978-test-tones-and-tuning-tutorial-all-new-links-again/ This might help.
Totalnoob Posted April 28, 2015 Author Report Posted April 28, 2015 Correct me if u am wrong if these tones are safe to play Subwoofer 20hz-60hz Midbass 60hz-250hz The mid range speaker 80hz-7khz The tweeter range 2.5khz - 23khz
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted April 28, 2015 Report Posted April 28, 2015 There is not set range for every driver and every install. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Totalnoob Posted April 28, 2015 Author Report Posted April 28, 2015 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/96978-test-tones-and-tuning-tutorial-all-new-links-again/ This might help. Wow thanks for this! so much information
ALPINE408 Posted April 28, 2015 Report Posted April 28, 2015 http://education.lenardaudio.com/en/06_x-over_3.html I really like this break down easy to understand read all 4 tabs Have you ever had your woofers blown?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.