Second Skin Audio

(2)AB XD844s ported box help

aculous

I want to build a temporary box just for the TDH Lockhart show with my (2) American Bass XD844s.

Looking at port sizing and I am seeing that to get a good flat response with a low tuning of around 32 hertz its saying I should have a port length of 25 inches and a minimum aero port diameter diameter of 5 inches to not have port noise?

does that sound about right? I am going to use torres once I get the port length figured out. Would like to use a smaller diameter port and then just have more of them but I don't want port noise either.

This is going in the car for a couple months and then I am doing my actual install later. But want something to go to the show with. figure I can knock the box out in a night or two. Take the day off if I need to.

American Bass recomends 1.25 cu ft per woofers for these.

Where did you find their enclosure recommendations? I've looked all over their site and have never been able to find anything.

1.25 cubes per subs seems really high. Usually 8" subs are .5-.75 cubes each. I'm actually planning on rebuild the sub box for my wifes car and was going to use two of these subs in .6 cubes each tuned to 35 Hz.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

American Bass recomends 1.25 cu ft per woofers for these.

Where did you find their enclosure recommendations? I've looked all over their site and have never been able to find anything.

1.25 cubes per subs seems really high. Usually 8" subs are .5-.75 cubes each. I'm actually planning on rebuild the sub box for my wifes car and was going to use two of these subs in .6 cubes each tuned to 35 Hz.

yea I was thinking the same thing. I called them twice today and thats what they recommended.

So .6 seems to be working better? Fuck it if you have it running right now I will go with that.

yea I was thinking the same thing. I called them twice today and thats what they recommended.

So .6 seems to be working better? Fuck it if you have it running right now I will go with that.

Just to clarify, I don't have them running in that now, its just what I have planned to build when I get the chance. I think your plans of 1.2-1.5 cubes total for two sounds good.

What amp are you going to be running?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

alright cool. Well that will be tomorrows project then. Going to go with a 1.2-1.5 enclosure then

So (2) 3" ports won't give me port noise? Never done a aero port.

I have a 1/2 rounder that I can make a flare for it though.

Sorry 3 3" round ports.

Archived