DC triple alt bracket issue

i just got my triple alt bracket today from dc power and the belt is too short and will not fit. I had the dual bracket prior to installing the triple and had zero issues. I called dc power and they told me it was the correct size but it clearly isn't. They also told me that the belts for the dual and triple brackets are the same size which I can't make sense of. I'm no expert on this but it would seem that the belt on the triple alt bracket would need to be longer since there is an extra idler pulley and alt pulley... I also went out and bought another belt with an OC of 115.25 inches (the one that came with the bracket is 114.5) but it is also too small

Has anyone else experienced this issue before? I'm planning on calling DC power again tomorrow but can't wait for a new belt and would rather just buy one locally so I can drive my truck again. I guess I could just keep buying longer belts until I find one that works but this is getting frustrating... I any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

btw- this is for a 2000 GMC Yukon with a 5.3L v8

System:

Pioneer DEH-8400BH

4 Alpine Type R 6.5's

4 Soundqubed PA 6.5's

4 Soundqubed Supertweets

Hifonics BRX 640.4

Crescendo S800/4

2 Soundqubed Q1-3500.1s strapped @1ohm

2 Soundqubed HDC4 18's

11 Cubes net @37hz (Subs up, port back)

2 DC Power 250 HD's

1 DC Power 300 SPX

DC Power triple alt bracket

5 Kinetik HC 1800's

4 runs of 1/0 OFC power cables

4 runs of 1/0 OFC grounds from rear battery bank to OEM alt bracket

iPad Air in dash

300+ sq ft or sound deadening

Did you route the belt properly?

I've installed the dual kit and the belts fit very snug.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yep. Checked it like 5 times. I had the dual bracket as well and it worked fine so I am familiar with routing the belt for multiple alts

System:

Pioneer DEH-8400BH

4 Alpine Type R 6.5's

4 Soundqubed PA 6.5's

4 Soundqubed Supertweets

Hifonics BRX 640.4

Crescendo S800/4

2 Soundqubed HDC4 18's

2 DC Power 250 HD's

1 DC Power 300 SPX

5 Kinetik HC 1800's

iPad Air in dash

Or do like I did when I deleted my acc compressor. Get a piece of solid wire and use that to determine belt size then buy a couple belts and try try try till u get one that works. I went thru 10 on my 00 mountaineer before I found the right one.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

I can wait till later. Luckily I'm on vacation for the rest of the week so I really don't have anything important to do. Think I'm gonna try what rich said too. Thanks guys

System:

Pioneer DEH-8400BH

4 Alpine Type R 6.5's

4 Soundqubed PA 6.5's

4 Soundqubed Supertweets

Hifonics BRX 640.4

Crescendo S800/4

2 Soundqubed HDC4 18's

2 DC Power 250 HD's

1 DC Power 300 SPX

5 Kinetik HC 1800's

iPad Air in dash

Quick update. I just tried a 118.25 OC belt and it fit but was very loose. It slipped on without doing anything with the tensioner. Think I'm gonna need one with an OC somewhere between 115.25 and 118.25

System:

Pioneer DEH-8400BH

4 Alpine Type R 6.5's

4 Soundqubed PA 6.5's

4 Soundqubed Supertweets

Hifonics BRX 640.4

Crescendo S800/4

2 Soundqubed HDC4 18's

2 DC Power 250 HD's

1 DC Power 300 SPX

5 Kinetik HC 1800's

iPad Air in dash

Thanks for the pic. Not finding anything with that part number though. Still waiting on DC to call me back but have been trying every belt I can find that is close in size but haven't had any luck. I was able to narrow it down to somewhere with an OC between 115.25 and 117.5. Problem is I called every local parts store (Napa, oriellys, pep boys, autozone, advance, and car quest) as well as belt palace and no one has a belt in between those sizes. I had a mechanic take a look at it just to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong and he agreed that the belt is definitely too small. He suggested that I try replacing one or more of the idler pulleys with a smaller one so I think I'm gonna give that a shot. Will report back once I get it all figured out so maybe I can help the person that runs into this issue.

System:

Pioneer DEH-8400BH

4 Alpine Type R 6.5's

4 Soundqubed PA 6.5's

4 Soundqubed Supertweets

Hifonics BRX 640.4

Crescendo S800/4

2 Soundqubed HDC4 18's

2 DC Power 250 HD's

1 DC Power 300 SPX

5 Kinetik HC 1800's

iPad Air in dash

All you need to do is take a piece of string and run it around the pulleys to get the length you need

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived