How Many Tweeters In Center Channel...

ptcary

Ray, speaker of the year for me... I thought the Mille's were impressive, but to think what that lil bassturd does is far more impressive... make it the new secret weapon for you... also it drops right in with little argument for all the Porsche's

Also I am thinking of redoing the center channel in the Porsche, I want to incorporate the center channel mid with the factory tweeter grill as one piece... but will require a lot of work and time, as I would do it from a piece of 3/4 aluminum... and tis the season... so I am pretty much slammed to after the auto show in March... I start the Autoshow cars in January... I am going to do the new Lotus Evora up and maybe... maybe the Karma (Fisker) It is just that we have are allotment pre-sold already... but I have other ideas also ;)

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

Your cutting them at 200 or higher?

and at 24?or 12??

The Mille is still soooo impressive. I dont care what you say..lol

My FAV 6 tweet of all time.per $$

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

220@6 with the alpine 5.1 processor for the center

the doors are high-passed @ 500hz 18db for the HL70, though the doors midbass are bandpassed 50-800 both 12db, tweeter (HT25) 2500-20k

also you can see a hi energy x-over in there with wires coming out, I rebuilt the passive to be bi-amped using the class A biased channels of the LRx5.1k. also replaced the cap for the tweeeter

phoca_thumb_l_DSC07664.JPG

the LRx 6.9 is solely for the 3 way in the doors...

i saw that build on ur page james. looks sweet man. lol i need to have you do one in my car

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Thanks I appreciate it and honored.

I might have it at the Cleveland Auto Show coming up in Feb and Mar, so if anyone here wants to listen to it, it will be available, just say your from the forum as I will probably have it closed up.

Cool, I will see if I can get some tickets this year also to get you. From what they were saying at the meeting is the complimentary tickets aren't going to happen, just discounts off of normal price... but it is still in the air

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

220@6 with the alpine 5.1 processor for the center

the doors are high-passed @ 500hz 18db for the HL70, though the doors midbass are bandpassed 50-800 both 12db, tweeter (HT25) 2500-20k

That's alot of over lap don't ya think?

Also I used to cut those Ht25's at 2500, but was noticing multiple of imaging points, so I cut them @3200 now, all seems better.

Also, just put in the new hsk XL tweets. lovin these dudes, impressive tweeter. But still not a space..haha

also you can see a hi energy x-over in there with wires coming out, I rebuilt the passive to be bi-amped using the class A biased channels of the LRx5.1k. also replaced the cap for the tweeeter

phoca_thumb_l_DSC07664.JPG

I have been there before, lost my diagram though..lol windows crashed my comp and lost a shit-ton of tech files for stuff like that.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

sorry to thread jack but what do you think of alot of overlap ray? my current x-over settings have tons of overlap

2" tweet highpass 1500

7" mid bandpass 2250-160

8" midbass bandpass 50-300

15" subs lowpass 50

good? bad? whats ur option (the big tweets up high bring the soundstage up playing more of the vocals)

and james i really am jealous of that center channel. right next to my bed is a 3" that will never get installed in my car

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

the overlap is fine as each speaker has it's own gain/channel on the amp or with the alpine processor, also makes it wider and smoother in the transitions without it sounding off/on/off/on with the delays it is a very wide and has a high stage

diagram? jeeze... that was simply looking at it.... no calling larry on that.... guess it was burned into my brain from the old days :(

jj, come on put it in :) it needs a new home

the space tweet is awesome for sure Ray,,, to bad about the line going bye bye

i just got word on a pulp 8 coming back under the spl show line

and spl show comp set, with bullets..lol

also voice co-ax's

and a mini amp line replacing HP

AS Far as the overlap..

well you will find people on both sides of the fence.

I would prob do

2" 1500 HP

7" 400-1500 BP

8" 60-450 BP

15" 60 LP

Archived